Filed for divorce today

Old 03-07-2016, 11:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Filed for divorce today

So, just came back from my lawyer and filed for divorce. 2-3 months if they find him and he signs a waiver, or 8 months to a year if they don't find him. He can't get back in the house.

Lots of mixed emotions and my family doesn't think i am going through with it, I have become such a joke My friend said today that she doesn't believe in my intentions. The lawyer told me that the fastest way (since we have a separation agreement) is to sign a waiver. Then its a smooth road. Next step is to serve him papers (taken that he is still in rehab at the time and that rehab will actually let them serve these papers), if this doesn't happen, then they will divorce us still but have to wait for like 8 months to a year. My family thinks I am doing this ON PURPOSE. WTF. I am doing what my lawyer told me to do
Old 03-07-2016, 12:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Glitter,

Keep making decisions that benefit you one day at a time. Your family will see the change soon enough.

Hugs.
Old 03-07-2016, 04:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

kGlitter, you are the one who has had to live with all this and you are the one wise enough to decide to leave. What anyone things doesn't matter, they have no idea what it is like to be you.

Your lawyer was wise, you are wise, keep doing the "do" things and take very good care of yourself.

It hurts to leave but most times it hurts more to stay. Often by the time it gets to divorce, it's like closing a door on an already empty room.

You will be okay, I promise.

Hugs
Old 03-07-2016, 06:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

May all the angels of the universe dive bomb you Glitter!

As hard as it is I applaud every individual who takes the steps to insure "marriage is not a suicide pact."