Notices

Day 26 - Mental cleansing and first real craving yesterday

Old 03-06-2016, 01:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 26 - Mental cleansing and first real craving yesterday

It's 10:26 am over here. I woke up at around 9, not feeling well. Just a tiny bit. Minor headache. Tense. It was a symptom of a good thing though. I didn't sleep well because of some heavy dreams.

I do feel better now though. I've found that since I quit, I started dreaming a lot and processing things that couldn't properly be processed because I always slept drunk.

They were heavy and emotional dreams last night. But as usual, very healing. The emotions have been resolved again.

I expect that this might go on for a long time, given how much there is to process. But that's ok. It's a good thing and only a minor convenience at times. And it does feel better afterward. Right now I'm fine, enjoying beautiful music.

Yesterday I had my first real craving. My brother still has my wallet, so I couldn't give in to it. But honestly, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have anyway. I just waited. Kept living my life. Doing the thing I normally would have done. And there where moments where I had nothing to do and I felt such strong cravings. But I just waited until they would go away and they did.

I just know that if I had had the possibility to drink and would have given in, it would all have turned out terrible. Instead, I could lie in bed comfortably, happy to be sober. Looking forward to today.

Today I'm taking a lazy day. I didn't even shower. Don't tell anyone.

I need a lazy day because I've overdone the being active a bit and need to find a better balance between activity and rest.

So today I'm going to listen to music. Eat (still healthy though). Maybe just a short walk but only if I feel like it. Drink some green tea. Relax.

Just a day of no obligations. Just total relaxation. I need that.

Tomorrow I'm going to look at my plan again and adjust it to make it so it has the right balance between activity and rest.

That's how it goes. Live and learn.

What I'm happy about the most is that I could handle the intense cravings and know that even if I had the opportunity, I wouldn't have given in.

Wishing you all a wonderful and sober Sunday! And may the sun shine, wherever you are.
Old 03-06-2016, 02:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sounds like you're doing all the right things Mike - congrats on day 26

D
Old 03-06-2016, 02:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

You did really well at showing your AV who is boss. Proud of you, MikeM. Your reward is a beautiful sober morning!
You should feel like a $$$$$million dollars $$$$$! You CAN do this!
Old 03-06-2016, 11:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It was a good day. No cravings. I took it easy, mainly drank green tea and watched tv. I really needed the rest. Now I'm going to do a quick meditation, watch an episode of the Vampire Diaries and go to bed.
Old 03-06-2016, 11:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on 26 days sober!
Old 03-06-2016, 11:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good job. Keep it up!
Old 03-06-2016, 11:26 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Nice to hear, Mike!
Old 03-06-2016, 11:27 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Well done Mike for not giving in n congrats on day 26 too!!! xxx
Old 03-06-2016, 12:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You can't beat an awesome relaxing day when sober. I love that feeling of having no obligations and just the ability to chill out.

Much better to choose to be able to have a lie-in, and really enjoy it, rather than have to stay in bed by default due to any activity causing horrible hangover symptoms when I was really hungover all I could do was lie in bed for most of the day- even then I wouldn't feel rested

Congratulations on day 26-you're nearly at 4 weeks!