ABF last straw

Old 03-05-2016, 06:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

ABF last straw

My abf is 55, unemployed (ok, woefully underemployed, working pt for a meat market making near nothing,) and living with me and my teenage son, since the first week of January. This is something I fought and he just showed up with his stuff after he lost his apartment. I knew how this would go and it pretty much has. Making us feel sorry for him, manipulating us, not paying his share. I have talked to him many times that he needs to leave. Back story, I moved to this state so my so my son could go to a particular school for health reasons, my abf is the only person I know, I also work from home. My stress has been out of control and I am starting to get sick. His friend came to buy his truck, he has 2 cars. After 2 nights gone, no idea where, none of my business, he came back to my house stinking drunk, no sleep, no shower, came back to get his hat for work, , it was pathetic. He started in on me and his usual verbal abuse, this time my son he included my son in it. Too far. So, as he left, he said just wait to see what happens now. I guess he is at work. He has no keys, garage opener, and nowhere to go. I know what I have done is right, but scared. How does one make sure they stay safe from an unstable person, if they have not done anything yet? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Sillygoose2016; 03-05-2016 at 06:21 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 03-05-2016, 07:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sorry for what you are going through Silly.

Hopefully your unemployed 55 year old ABF saved some of that money he got from the sale of his truck. Sounds like he's going to need it.

It is not your responsibility to take care of a grown man in any way, shape or form. That's on him. Sounds to me like you have only one thing that should concern you and that would/should be your son. Make no mistake, he (your ABF) will continue to manipulate you for as long as you let him. If you are concerned for your safety then call 911 when he shows up. There will be others on here soon enough to give you more advise on that subject. Do what you have to do to take care of you and your child. Let the grown man take care of himself.
Ro
Old 03-05-2016, 07:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks, Ro. I know this is the right thing, I also know I will be lonely.
Mama Bear came out tonight, so I know I need to protect my son. It was a new low for him to include my son. I didn't even think about the money from the car!!! That is enough for and extended stay.
Old 03-05-2016, 07:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That'll work! Lol.

Whatever, as long as it's not a extended stay at your place, right?

It's ok to be lonely for a bit. It's not until you can get comfortable in your own skin that you can just breath and relax. It's ok. We've all been there. You'll be fine and your boy? Look at what you are teaching him by standing your ground. You can do this. Keep coming back to post, we are here for you.