Notices

Getting Sober

Old 03-04-2016, 02:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Getting Sober

Hey everyone,

I just posted this quote in my class thread and thought it might be worth an airing here as we head into the weekend.

It's old & well worn but I thought if it inspires a newbie or a lurker into making a new life for themselves (like it did me) then it will have been worthwhile....

Keeping sober is the most important thing in my life. The most important decision I ever made was my decision to give up drinking. I am convinced that my whole life depends on not taking that first drink. Nothing in the world is as important to me as my own sobriety. Everything I have, my whole life, depends on that one thing. Can I afford ever to forget this, even for one minute?
Old 03-04-2016, 03:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Sobriety is the key, the absolute, the one thing on which my life rests. Sobriety takes discipline and I will do this discipline now and every day of my life
Old 03-04-2016, 07:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for that Tufty. Just because a message is old and well worn doesn't make it any less valuable. Like a beloved security blanket. It's comforting. I must remember that my sobriety takes precedence because without it, my life is a whole lot harder.
Old 03-04-2016, 08:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

My happiness depends on staying sober. If I drink, I am not happy and my life gets a lot worse. Staying sober is the glue that holds me together.
Old 03-04-2016, 08:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

The joy and goodness in my life can only be sustained through sobriety and recovery.

Thanks for the great quote, tufty!