Notices

Day 24

Old 03-04-2016, 01:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 24

Day 24. Slept pretty well. "Dreamt out" a lot of repressed emotions. Meaning that all the stuff that never got a chance to be processed because of sleeping drunk is finally getting processed. It happens a lot lately and it feels good every time. It quite a relief.

No cravings, lots of exercise, healthy food. It's going well. I'm still very cautious.

My Wellness Toolbox has expanded pretty well and I use it every day. And with practice that gets easier. One of the things in it is dancing to my favorite music and I've done that one already. I like that one.

I have some nice plans for today. I want to get used to cycling again to add another form of transportation to my options.

I had a migraine yesterday but this time the medication worked. But that migraine could be totally unrelated to the recovery process. I've been getting them since I was 13, so this might have been just a regular one.

It's so wonderful to live sober. I keep my place clean. Am outside the house a lot, instead of being locked in surrounded by piles of beer cans. And physically it feels so wonderful.

Nowadays I'm looking forward to the day. In a moment I have to go do things and I'm actually enjoying that.

Soon I'm going to get my blood drawn to check my liver. It'll probably be some time next week. I'm going to combine it with meeting up with a friend who works at the hospital.

Ok, wishing you all a great, wonderful, sober day!
Old 03-04-2016, 02:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Mike, watching you progress is amazing. You sound so good. Continue to be cautious but enjoy your successes as well. You are an inspiration to people like me who struggle as you did. Thanks for keeping us updated.
Old 03-04-2016, 03:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Brilliant post Mike! Life is so much better without booze xx
Old 03-04-2016, 09:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sounds great!! Very positive.
Old 03-05-2016, 01:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on 24 days sober! Keep going, it gets better.
Old 03-06-2016, 09:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Fantastic Mike!! Keep it going!!