Notices

Beer dreams

Old 03-03-2016, 08:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Beer dreams

For the first time I can remember I dreamed about drinking. I had two dreams last night.

I was in kinda a bar and had a Coors in a 10 oz glass. I took one drink which was about 1/2 the glass. I never drank a lot of Coors but it was cold and tasted good. I realized it was beer and thought "I'm not suppose to drink" so I poured in down a sink which was conveniently right there. There was one other person there. A dark non-discript man, I think a bar tender.

In second dream I'm about to go into a bar but in a secondary room. I have or maybe order a glass of beer (10 oz glass with Coors). It tastes good. I think "I've already drank some so why not drink more". It gets muddled around then but I was thinking This would be a one out and no one would know. Maybe I thought something about all the days sober going away and starting over. Then I woke up.

The only place I remember a 10 oz glass is a college bar I haven't been to in over 25 years. I liked the bar. The bar in the dream is very non-discript, oak paneled, small and didn't have other people in it.

Bizarre dream, it's the only time it's happened since I quit drinking 85 days ago. Amateur dream interpretation anyone?
Old 03-03-2016, 09:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Alive in the Superunknown

I have had a few dreams myself about drinking.

My amateur interpretation? We're still missing it and have a little work to do. Quite obviously it is still on our minds. I know how much I don't like myself waking up after one of them.
Old 03-03-2016, 09:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi I have had drinking dreams nearly every night since I stopped ( 13 days ago). I know that drinking was all I ever did morning til night so I regard it as normal that I dream about it. Is really scary when I wake up though and am convinced that i drank.
Old 03-03-2016, 09:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It was disturbing enough to wake me up. Odd because I never think about that old bar but I remembered the small glasses. Ten cent beers for 30 minutes-a college boy's dream. It's like a very old pleasant memory from a craggy forgotten spot in my mind opened up. Since I quit drinking my memory has improved. I remember the oddest things in great detail.