Notices

Had court today

Old 02-29-2016, 08:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Had court today

So I finally had my final court case dealt with today. Some of you might know that I got 3 DUIs in less than a year and a half. Honestly know idea how I was able to hold down my job let alone 2 jobs and my family. Anyhow, I ended up getting 1 DUI out of the 3. The other 2 were dropped to wreckless driving upon me completing the requirements set by the court. I consider myself lucky and I have began to count my blessings in life. I've been sober for over 2 weeks and working the big book with my sponsor as well as attending AA just about every day.

Things are better for sure. I just want them to keep going that way. I know I'm meant to be sober.
Old 02-29-2016, 08:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

You are lucky.
Just stay sober and you will never have to go through that again.
Old 02-29-2016, 08:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Also, in some states, I know Delaware is one, a 3rd dui is a felony.
Old 02-29-2016, 09:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Happy for you getright15. I got a 2 for 1 DUI a few years ago. 3 for 1 is a blessing. Problem is if you get another DUI the Judge will look at the past 3 "incidents" and give you a harsh sentence even though it will be a DUI 2'nd. Both my lawyers said to plea out my last DUI because of 4 previous alcohol "incidents." It was a hard 2'nd DUI. Anyway it's best to know these things in advance.

At this point I'm not too worried about another DUI- not possible as long as I don't drink. I'm looking forward to a better life without all the time, energy and money wasted on booze. Hell, I don't even mind the DUI. It's been a blessing. Sober since Dec 9 2015. I feel and look so much better.
Old 02-29-2016, 11:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Oh it is here as well a felony that is. When I was in booking they messed up on the paper work and made my 3rd arrest a first offense. Plus at the time my 2nd one wasn't adjudicated yet. "Shrugs" well I'm thankful and lucky all at the same time. I'm sober and will be. My family can't take it anymore, my wife had papers ready for divorce. She was even looking for other places to move to while on my last bender. I've just done way to much in my life regarding alcohol and the mayhem I have caused. I'm so done.

I'm basically going through the big book with 2 other people. My sponsor and his sponsor who has 19 years sober. My life has begun to change in so many ways.

Originally Posted by ScrewdUpInDe View Post
Also, in some states, I know Delaware is one, a 3rd dui is a felony.
Old 02-29-2016, 11:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Ironically I was pulled over this past Sunday. I was worried as my license hasn't fully been reinstated yet. I'm scheduled to take the drivers test on March 3rd. When your license was suspended as long as mine was here in Las Vegas you have to take the written and drivers test over again. So I gave the officer my paperwork showing I'm waiting to take the drivers test. He gave me the ticket and let me and my wife on our way. It felt good not to be asked if I was drinking or I smell alcohol on you. It felt awesome.

Originally Posted by ScrewdUpInDe View Post
You are lucky.
Just stay sober and you will never have to go through that again.
Old 02-29-2016, 11:58 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Really glad you had a good result getitright

D
Old 03-01-2016, 01:15 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on two weeks sober! Stay sober and it will get better.
Old 03-01-2016, 01:26 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Good luck moving forward. Just remember a car in the wrong hands is not transport it is a weapon. I lost my license a few years back and in hindsight it was the best thing that ever happened to me. This can be a positive thing.
Old 03-01-2016, 04:46 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats GetRight
Old 03-01-2016, 12:27 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

2 Weeks is fantastic Getright!! Keep it going!!
Old 03-02-2016, 07:24 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I appreciate all the love and support coming from everyone. It really keeps me motivated to continue on the right track.