Notices

Ive feeling the pinch!

Old 02-25-2016, 04:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Ive feeling the pinch!

almost 7 days sober and today isn't great, im feeling the pinch, for the past 2 hours Ive been so close to buying alcohol. I even got to grabbing my purse and car keys and starting the car. didn't drove out the garage though. im back inside now on here reading some posts, but im still thinking about it......grrrr
Old 02-25-2016, 04:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

What do you need to do to get through? Do you have someone who can take your keys/cash/cards temporarily? How about a nice bath then early to bed? Or something consuming like Tetris app or home project (e.g. Clean a closet or junk drawer)? Maybe phone a friend? A meeting?
Old 02-25-2016, 04:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Coco- do something, anything, other than getting booze!

Can you take a walk- leave your money at home? It will get easier...but another day 1 never gets easier. I promise you won't regret going to bed sober tonight!

Hang in there!
Old 02-25-2016, 04:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RallyAly View Post
What do you need to do to get through? Do you have someone who can take your keys/cash/cards temporarily? How about a nice bath then early to bed? Or something consuming like Tetris app or home project (e.g. Clean a closet or junk drawer)? Maybe phone a friend? A meeting?
its 1pm here, daytime, I don't know what to do, theres things to do but I cant shake this thought, ive tried. I don't go to meetings. nobody knows ive out alcohol probs so would think it very odd if ii asked then to pop over and take my kets etc
Old 02-25-2016, 04:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

im going to take the dog for a walk, shes already had one this morning, but I NEED to take her again!

don't have a bath, just shower

I am leaving right now, not taking anything but house key, taking the dog tennis ball, she goes mad over it, its funny to watch actually, she will entertain me and put a smile on my dial, so little coco will help me through this one!

bye
Old 02-25-2016, 04:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Leave money and cards at home and take the pup for a good stroll. Excellent idea, just make sure you aren't able to stroll and buy booze.
Old 02-25-2016, 04:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I used to walk my dogs a lot, every time I had a craving to drink. They got a lot of walks for a while, but they loved getting them, and I stayed sober.

Do anything but drink! You don't want to start over again.
Old 02-25-2016, 04:28 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Do you know what H.A.L.T. is?

Ask yourself: Am I Hungry? Eat Something,
Am I Angry or Anxious? I Exercise.
Am I Lonely? Call Someone or Post.
Am I Tired or Thirsty? Grab a Cup of Tea and Rest.

When you get the urge think of H.A.L.T.
♡CR
Old 02-25-2016, 04:31 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Cococo you got this! Just think...the end of Feb is just around the corner...you make it to the end of the month. Do whatever you need to do to ride this out and kick that AV...in just 3 days (only 2 more really) you'll be in the double digits!

I've had a hard day to so I've decided that I'm NOT going to drink at it...I really wanted to at one point but just make up your mind it's just not happening and we will all celebrate you reaching double digits in a matter of a couple more days!
Old 02-25-2016, 04:43 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Cococo!!!! No. Take some of the advice you give us. You don't want those hot flashes and night sweats to come back right. You're doing wonderful. We need you sober with us, you made our list!
Old 02-25-2016, 04:50 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Yes Coco, I'm so glad you're reaching out first, just like you push all the February group to do.

If you're the type, find a YouTube guided meditation for addiction and sit quietly while listening.

Ride out the craving. It will pass with some hard work.
Old 02-25-2016, 05:04 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I remember those times well, I'd be sitting in the car trying to talk myself out of it. I even went as far as getting the liquor, bringing it home, and then, in a battle with my AV, dumping it.

It's an awful place to be. Play the tape forward, how will you feel in the morning?
Stay strong, you won't be sorry.
Old 02-25-2016, 05:15 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Adventurer

How are you doing Coco?
Old 02-25-2016, 05:19 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

There are some good tips here Cococo

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-cravings.html

One of the best tips I got tho was from Allen Carr. Think about what you want this mythical drink to do...

Magically your entire day? that's unlikely.

make you feel better? perhaps, if you're very lucky, for a little while - but I reckon it will just tick you off more.

& think of the ramifications. The cost benefit analysis says no.

If you want to feel better there's any number of positive things you could do.
A walk sounds great

D
Old 02-25-2016, 05:37 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Please do Anything but get that drink Cococo. Its never worth it, and you really dont want to restart, trust me. I have faith you will make it thru this craving, show that stinking AV who is really the boss! You've got this Cococo.
Old 02-25-2016, 05:40 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Another thought, would you be able to do online meetings? There are some available, check out aa.org. Should be info, links to that.
Old 02-25-2016, 05:57 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Originally Posted by ChloeRose63 View Post
Do you know what H.A.L.T. is?

Ask yourself: Am I Hungry? Eat Something,
Am I Angry or Anxious? I Exercise.
Am I Lonely? Call Someone or Post.
Am I Tired or Thirsty? Grab a Cup of Tea and Rest.

When you get the urge think of H.A.L.T.
♡CR
Yes to this ChloeRose! Coco---thinking of you. We love it when you pop into the Jan. class. Keep it up, use H.A.L.T. and stay strong.
Old 02-25-2016, 06:10 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Day 7 here .. we quit for a reason Cococo. If we drink now .. we'll still have a drinking problem, will still need to quit .. but will be back at Day 1 suffering even more. It's tough in these early days .. but I've read enough posts by people who have a good amount of time in and I know it will get better as long as we don't drink!

It is uncomfortable at times but lets do this and then never have to do it again!
Old 02-25-2016, 06:20 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Thanks everybody

I took the dog for walkies, came back, had a cup of tea and a glass of WATER, then did our February class tally list, Im leaving right now to pick my son up from school.

During the walk I thought how I haven't seen my son for almost 1 week straight, I asked his father to take him for a week, citing I was unwell with something, when really I just wanted to be alone during my first sober week. My son hasnt been taken off me or anything, I needed a break whilst doing this first week.

I did have my son afterschool from 3pm one afternoon earlier this week for a few hours because his father had a meeting at 3pm, but he picked him up from me at 6pm.

So during the walk I thought how bad it would be for my son to come back home and see mummy after almost 1 week, and instead of catching up with eachother, going to the playground, getting an ice cream, watching a movie together tonight and ordering take out (our usual Friday thing) etc, I get rolling drunk in the kitchen whilst hes all by himself in the lounge plonked in front of the television out of 'drinking' mummys way........NO, I couldn't let that happen! That's F'ing disgusting behaviour! That's not the sort of mother I want to be!

He is one of my reasons for stopping.

There will be no alcohol in this house tonight!

Im all good now folks.

Thanks again for the support, it was INSTANT, and it helped to remind me of why I gave up drinking.

C x
Old 02-25-2016, 06:30 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Excellent news Cococo! You are right, dont lose precious time with your son, over some poison. Time flies by quickly. Make happy memories now. Im very proud of you! I knew you could.