OT-I hate looking for houses

Old 02-21-2016, 01:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

OT-I hate looking for houses

Seriously dread it. My home received an offer last week so here we go again. This house-I love so insanely much-and my lovely neighbors that we play with all the time. My kids have gotten close to them. This is the house we call home. But I know a house is just walls-it's what's inside that counts-and what we have now, is priceless and can carry with us. But this is the house my ex has stalked me at, this is the house we bought together and only one month after moving in this is the house I called the police to-to finally get my abusive alcoholic out. It just has some bad juju. I'm trusting God to lead me-truly-bc I am blind. I need Him to see abd give me direction. Truly I would love to live in a little cottage in the hill country-but that doesn't work economically right now or work for my kids schools or my commute to work. Trying to manage my expectations with the reality of my situation. What do to?? I hate stuff like this....ugh. That's all I got! Thanks for listening, friends.
Old 02-21-2016, 02:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I say to get a house with convenience as the main feature. now.....and plan to buy a retreat, later, in the hills....for get aways or to seclude yourself away in your old age...lol...

dandylion
Old 02-21-2016, 04:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm renting, so for me just having a house of my own would be terrific right now. But I'm being patient and waiting for what is supposed to be. A saying that I love- If it's meant for you, it won't pass you by. So I'm keeping my faith in that and renewing my lease for one more year. Once upon a time finding this rental was my ultimate goal. I need to remember that when I lament not being a homeowner. I think that this year I'll be able to finally sock away some cash for a down payment instead of blowing it on legal fees for ridiculous nonsense. I'll also have a final determination of where I'm actually going to settle down. Lots of stuff up in the air right now.
2016 is supposed to be a year of great change. Hopefully the "great" is equal to the "change," if you know what I mean. Lots of love to you and the girls. I know you will find the place you're all meant to be.
Old 02-21-2016, 05:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A work in progress

I sure wish *I* were still renting...
Old 02-21-2016, 06:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

^ sometimes I do, too! Homeownership ain't cheap
Old 02-22-2016, 03:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good Morning For

When I sold my house after divorcing my ex I rented for 2 years. I had the money from the sale of my house to purchase another but was unsure of what/where I wanted. Renting gave me time to breath a bit until I could figure out exactly what I wanted. Best decision I ever made.
I often reflect back on those two years in my rental as being the most peaceful time in my adult life.
Old 02-22-2016, 04:24 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

What about a condo or duplex?
Something cheaper you can save up money with?
Renting is a great idea if you don't know where you want to be long-term.
Why settle unless you find a great place?
Old 02-22-2016, 10:18 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

I can so relate to your grief ~ I lost what I once thought was the house of my dreams in my divorce ~ my heart broke when my ex refused to my request to move out & me have the house -
I was the one who had picked everything out - decorated, cleaned, loved & paid for that house - I had grief like you have grief with a death of a loved one.

So my sponsor suggested doing grief work ~ I wrote grief letters, some sad, some angry, some just with the few good memories that I did have - the hopes, dreams & plans that I thought would have happened in that house ~
and then I gave them to the God of my understanding ~

Now, eight years later - I live in a wonderful home ~ a safe PINKful home ~ it's totally different than that other house ~ BUT it's so much better than I could have ever dreamed ~

it has peace, serenity, SAFETY, love, and happiness that I never experienced in that other home ~

I would have never believed possible - Letting Go & Letting God opened up those possibilities ~ I still had to go thru the grief and I'm sorry to say, you probably will too ~ but have faith it will be worth it ~

gentle pink hugs