Notices

Alcoholic

Old 02-21-2016, 12:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Alcoholic

So I know I am an alcoholic and have known this for at least 10 years. I am so sick of drinking. I am not a social drinker and I do not drink during the week cause of work, but when the weekend comes I drink non stop from about 8am-8pm nonstop both Saturday and Sunday. I think it is ridiculous that I do this alone. I waste my time and money on it every weekend, and I'm sick of it but can't stop. I'm looking for any type of help.
Old 02-21-2016, 12:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. There are many ways to get and stay sober. AA, Smart, and Rational Recovery are just three of many ways.

I got sober with the help of my addiction counselor (weekly sessions) and daily visits to this site.

Read around the forums. If you prefer a non-12-step approach, visit our Secular forums.

I hope the support here can help you get sober for good. It takes some effort and changes, but it's so worth it.
Old 02-21-2016, 01:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome Hustz
Old 02-21-2016, 01:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi and welcome Hustz.

Some great help on this site from people who understand and can relate to what you're going through.
Old 02-21-2016, 03:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome Hustz20

You;ll find a lot of support and good ideas here
Are you into the idea or AA or some other kind of meeting based method?

D
Old 02-21-2016, 04:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome!

I hope you decide to stop drinking for good.
Old 02-21-2016, 04:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome to a friendly, helpful place - where we all understand.
Hustz - I hope talking things over here will help you give it up for good. You can do it.
Old 02-21-2016, 04:31 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hustz20 View Post

I think it is ridiculous that I do this alone. I waste my time and money on it every weekend, and I'm sick of it but can't stop. I'm looking for any type of help.
You remind me of me for I remember many, many days and nights drinking alone. Me and my bottle. Me and the liquid devil running wild.

This site along with AA attendance has helped many to get and stay sober.

If nothing else I would recommend picking up a copy of the AA Big Book. It has also helped many to stay sober that didn't live close to meeting areas, just received much good information from the reading of the book.

MB
Old 02-22-2016, 05:28 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I have signed up for AA for two meetings a week, just gotta take one step at a time and pray, thank you all for your kind words.
Old 02-22-2016, 07:25 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

It gets easier with time. What's important is that you recognize you have a desire to stop drinking.

I wasted many a night by myself with my booze too. I think of the thousands of dollars I literally p*ssed away. I can't get that time back, but I can work towards a future that I want.
Old 02-22-2016, 07:32 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hustz20 View Post
So I know I am an alcoholic and have known this for at least 10 years. I am so sick of drinking. I am not a social drinker and I do not drink during the week cause of work, but when the weekend comes I drink non stop from about 8am-8pm nonstop both Saturday and Sunday. I think it is ridiculous that I do this alone. I waste my time and money on it every weekend, and I'm sick of it but can't stop. I'm looking for any type of help.
if you're looking for any type of help, I'd go ahead and google "AA" in your area and get yourself through that door.

Ask the meeting chair for a Big Book. Take that home and read it. And hang out here.