Notices

Daily motivational messages

Old 02-20-2016, 06:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Daily motivational messages

Someone told me about this and I signed up and get a daily inspirational email. It is based on A.A but even if you aren't getting sober through A.A, many of the messages make good sense and can make you think.

Example: Here is part of the email I got this morning -

"Liquor used to be my friend. I used to have a lot of fun drinking. Practically all the fun I had was connected with drinking. But the time came when liquor became my enemy. I don't know just when liquor turned against me and became my enemy, but I know it happened, because I began to get into trouble. And since I realize that liquor is now my enemy, my main business is keeping sober. Making a living or keeping house is no longer my main business. It's secondary to the business of keeping sober. Do I realize that my main business is keeping sober?"

I haven't gotten any viruses or spam from this subscription.

To subscribe click the link below:

http://www.getresponse.com/site/dail...tml?wid=108246

OR send a 'blank' email to: [email protected]
Old 02-20-2016, 06:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Got this in an email from them a few days back .. really good stuff.

Alcohol is poison to the alcoholic. Poison is not too strong a word, because alcoholism leads eventually to the death of the alcoholic. It may be a quick death or a slow death. When we go by package stores and see various kinds of liquor all dressed up in fancy packages to make it look attractive, we should always make it a point to say to ourselves so we'll never forget it: "That stuffs all poison to me." And it is. Alcohol poisoned our lives for a long time. Do I know that since I'm an alcoholic all liquor is poison to me?
Old 02-20-2016, 09:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thanks Grendhar