Notices

new in neighborhood

Old 09-16-2004, 06:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

new in neighborhood

This is new to me so please bearwith me ! I`m 2 days clean and having a tough time . Theres not much that I wasn`t doing out there so this detox is going to suck!! :dead1:
Old 09-16-2004, 07:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi, welcome to SR!! You will find lots of wonderful friends here! I know Day two is *very* hard!!! I'm on day 2 also and It feels like an uphill battle but it is not. It *will* get easier!! Our bodies are just trying to heal from everything we put it through. Sometimes the process takes a little longer than we desire but just hang in there. Each day will bring us a day closer to recovery.

Hope
Old 09-16-2004, 07:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SoberRecovery,

I'm sorry the 2 of you are not feeling so great. But this too shall pass. Hope is right. It takes a little while for our bodies to heal. You are both in my prayers. Keep posting, and get to know us. There are a great bunch of people here who have been where you are. We know the pain you are in right now. Just hang on, it does get better!

Sherry
Old 09-16-2004, 10:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

(((Hope & Struggling)))

2dayz sending you congrats on your 2 days sober. It isn't easy, but the physical part should start to improve. The mental fight can be the tough part. After we start to feel better, our demons try to play games with us, start to tempt us. We have short memories it seems. I've went through withdrawals many times, got sober then would start drinking again and be right back at step one again. One time I threw up for 5 days and night straight, to turn around and pick up again. How insane is that? I'm sharing that to let you know how easily we can let our minds talk us into thinking a couple drinks are oK. They aren't, not for me and most likely not for you. I never want to experience that ever again. Good luck and I hope you both feel better soon. Sobriety is worth it. I will continue to have hope and some days I will struggle. I will never quit fighting and with that, I will win the battle of alcoholism no matter how many times I'm told I will fail.

Talia
Old 09-17-2004, 11:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks everrybody for the feed back. I`ve relapsed so manytimes I`ve lost count. The most sober time I have every had was 3 yrs. That seems like a life time ago.!!

hopealwayz,
Looks like we are in the same boat- but this time with life persevers!!

Thanks everyone!
Old 09-17-2004, 11:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome ((((Struggling)))) & ((((Hope))))

Not Much I can add, just hang in there one or minute at a time.

(((struggling)))
3-yrs was a wonderful indication that you can kick this thing.
Old 09-17-2004, 12:49 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Castaway

This is new to me so please bearwith me ! I`m 2 days clean and having a tough time . Theres not much that I wasn`t doing out there so this detox is going to suck!!
As it did for all of us! At least it's new to you! I've detoxed so many times. But no more. I'm not going back there. Nice thing is that you've got all of us to give you support. Just hang in there and keep posting. Vent all of those detox symptoms right here. And if it gets too bad, keep an emergency phone number close by. You're not alone in your struggle.
Sandy
Old 09-17-2004, 01:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
ted
OH SH!T

HEY 24/7 GLAD YOUR HERE.
I ALSO AM I RETREAD,AIN'T QUITING,I WILL GET THIS.
YOU CAN DO THIS.DETOXING IS HARD ON ME.
WE CAN SOLVE THAT PROBLEM BY NOT PICKING UP TODAY.
STICK AROUND,GET WELL............ted
Old 09-17-2004, 03:05 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

with u guys around I feel so much better !!! THANKS SO MUCH!!
Old 09-17-2004, 03:26 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
just j

Welcome Struggling and Hope,

It does get better. Just know that you only have to handle staying sober today and go from there. Don't even think past the 24 hours you are in. That is the key to staying sober for me. Don't think, don't drink!!

Glad you are both here and keep coming back! Jalyn