Oh Dear!

Old 02-16-2016, 03:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Oh Dear!

I have heard within the community that my ex has been busted for possession with intent to supply Heroin.
After spending a few weeks reading the posts on this site, you have all given me incredible strength to move on. Thank you.
I am doing OK. This morning I woke up and he was not the first thing on my mind. It's kinda strange that we notice these things isn't it?
I changed my home phone number when I kicked him out so if he is in custody or jail, he cannot ring his 'comfort blanket' (Me) to lean on.
I am having a positive day today. I'm not naive to think I won't have my down days anymore but I have accepted that I'm done and it's over.
Thank you again for your ongoing support everyone.
Old 02-16-2016, 04:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I am having a positive day today. I'm not naive to think I won't have my down days anymore but I have accepted that I'm done and it's over.
Well done, Sianlee, it's all one day at a time and today WILL be a good day because you are making it so.

Hugs
Old 02-16-2016, 07:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Sianlee...

Welcome to the Board. You are to be commended for taking charge of your well being and putting your ex in your rearview mirror. I'm certain that was not an easy thing to do. But it's also true that sometimes in order for us to be steady, we have to remove people from our lives who aren't healthy. It doesn't mean we like having to do that. What it does mean is sometimes we don't have a choice.

In any event, we're here to support you through the ups and downs. Keep us posted as to how you're doing.
Old 02-16-2016, 09:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good for you. While it's sad to see someone you care about make bad choices, I am so glad you found the strength not to go down with him. And it was super wise to change your number!

Many hugs, keep being nice to yourself and recognizing your own progress!
Old 02-16-2016, 08:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sianlee View Post
I have heard within the community that my ex has been busted for possession with intent to supply Heroin.
After spending a few weeks reading the posts on this site, you have all given me incredible strength to move on. Thank you.
I am doing OK. This morning I woke up and he was not the first thing on my mind. It's kinda strange that we notice these things isn't it?
I changed my home phone number when I kicked him out so if he is in custody or jail, he cannot ring his 'comfort blanket' (Me) to lean on.
Thank you again for your ongoing support everyone.
Wow Sianlee, this is a huge step to take. Care for yourself in every way you can. This is a huge thing to do for yourself and in many ways for the addict too. Keep posting and I hope things keep getting better.