Notices

Sad in Alaska

Old 09-16-2004, 01:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Sad in Alaska

undefined
Hi my name is Chris, I do not have a drug or alcohol problem, but I was raised by a alcoholic, and by doing some reseach I realized I'm co dependant. My first step to try and heal was leaving my husband and step-son, it's been 2 weeks and no word yet.
My hasband and a I have been married for 1 and 1/2 years and it has not been easy, he has had 5 back surgeries and has not worked for 2 and 1/2 years, is on heavy doses of narcotics and hates his life, so I did everything he wanted me to do, I gave him everything he wanted to try and make him happy but nothing worked. I found myself trying to be invisable so I would not make him mad or irritate him. I'm educated and not a fool except when it come to my heart.
Now I'm 33 yrs old, no kids, no home and my heart is breaking, because he has not called, I just do not understand.
I'm a nurse for a wonderful surgeon, I help people all day long but could not help the one I love.
I also found myself trying to make up for every woman that has ever hurt him but when he was upset I became every woman that ever hurt him.
I did enjoy being a step-mom and I love my step-son very much, what is wrong with me? Am I in the right place? If not thank you for listening.
Old 09-16-2004, 01:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Chris,

Sometimes it's hardest to help the ones we love the most.

I'm Anna, recovering alcoholic and I welcome you to SR. This is a great place to get support and understanding.

If you like, you might check out the Families and Friends of Alcoholics. There will be many others there with issues similar to yours.

Anna
Old 09-16-2004, 02:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you Anna, is it still ok if I still write in this group? I was reading what was going on with Ted, and you all seem sucha strong group of support, I know it will get alot worse before I can truly understand the whole " co dependant" thing, but I would like support like you all give, besides I have had a full life of pain and I can relate to so much, but I do not take the little things for granted.
Chris
Old 09-16-2004, 02:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Of course, anywhere you feel at home, you're more than welcome to write.

We do offer each other a lot of support. That's what we do.

Feel free to read and share anywhere on the boards.

Love, Anna
Old 09-16-2004, 02:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
we're all mad here!

Hi Chris

I can sympathize but not relate directly to your story because I am the alcoholic/addict (recovering) in the house. But I can give you lots of warm vibes.

Of course its OK for you to post on this board!

But do check out Family and Friends of Alcoholics (where you can talk about Al Anon), and the NarAnon boards.

Welcome!
Old 09-16-2004, 03:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you

Thank you all, I do feel comfortable here, and I'm happy to finally be part of somthing that is going to help me and not do more harm.
Old 09-16-2004, 05:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Chris
Welcome to SR...
It is a pleasure to have you aboard.
This is a great place for support and understanding in dealing with your issues of co-dependancy.
Looking forward to getting to know you...