Notices

Starting day six

Old 02-15-2016, 04:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Starting day six

Day 5 was really hard. I'm going to have to work on communications with my husband through this process. He and I are both fairly conflict averse and have difficulty opening up, me more so than him. I think I made some good progress yesterday, but I also know that right now he doesn't get it. I'm also an introvert, and when I've had enough of noise, people, chaos it comes in all at once and I'm simply done... I need out, I need quiet, I need a few minutes alone. He doesn't get that. On the other hand, life isn't such that I can simply hide away and totally isolate myself. I'm hoping to hone in my meditation practice such that I can take fifteen minutes when needed to meditate and recharge.

Yesterday I wasn't able to have any time alone til after 8 pm... And I had a pounding headache by then and my nerves were frazzled. I wound up falling asleep for the night while meditating. I felt badly for having disappeared from the family but I accept that yesterday it is what I needed. And I successfully completed a difficult day five.

Today is a full day alone with the kids... So I'm hoping to fill the day with some activities, cooking, chores, etc. I got to the gym already and can now enjoy some coffee while my family is still slumbering... And the dog is staring at me :-)
Old 02-15-2016, 04:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Your body is healing, and sounds as if you are taking good are of yourself. Congrats on Day 5! The rough physical stuff is probably over. The big lift is in front of you, and you can do it!
Old 02-15-2016, 07:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Early recovery can be a rough ride for a while, but it gets better the longer you're sober. Hang in there.
Old 02-15-2016, 07:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Sounds like you have some good plans to make it through, the first week or so can be very difficulty physically. Your body simply needs time to heal and adjust, and taking some time out to rest is perfectly OK. Keep at it and congrats on day 6!
Old 02-15-2016, 07:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great job on making it through day five and onto day six! Like the others have said, the early days are tough. Listen to your mind and body and take as much time for yourself as you can. I know sometimes that is impossible due to your environment, family, etc.

The bottom line is your family will benefit from you being sober. You've got to do what ever it takes to not drink. Great job on making it through a tough day 5.

Congrats on day 6!
Old 02-15-2016, 08:12 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

You are doing excellent keep up the good work
Old 02-15-2016, 09:51 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You should feel proud of your accomplishments thus far. Day 6 is nothing to sneeze at and you're still going strong despite the discomfort. Trust me, I know how that feels. Anxiety and a general inability to reign in your frazzled nerves post drinking stink! It can make you feel really weird. But, this does pass...I remember that from last time around. Stay strong!
Old 02-15-2016, 12:10 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you all :-)
Old 02-15-2016, 12:47 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Excellent work--almost a full week and it sounds like you've been getting
a lot done the whole time during withdrawal.
I need lots of "alone time" too so I get up early before anyone and watch the sunrise.

Imagine how you'll be doing when anxiety is gone, you're sleeping well,
and your body heals.
There's so much to look forward to sober ICDB
Old 02-15-2016, 01:46 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Things will get better in time ICanDoBetter.

It's hard for some of us to 'hurry up and wait' when we want ourselves and everything else fixed, but patience and faith are useful skills to acquire I think.

D