http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...b-12-a-18.html

D
Old 02-14-2016, 04:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thanks for the new part D hello weekenders
Old 02-14-2016, 04:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wolfie didn't say shotgun so does it count if I say...shotgun?
Old 02-14-2016, 04:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Thanks, Dee. I need to hear that today. I know it's an arbitrary day, but still. Reminders are everywhere and society has a way of making single people feel bad for being single on days like today.
Old 02-14-2016, 05:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hope everyone is ok today
Old 02-14-2016, 06:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Got us a bitchen Sunrise underway here. See the un-retouched proof below. High 40s [8 C] today, which is pretty OK with some Sun goin' on. Fantabulous, similar Weather predicted 10 Days out, so Life Be Good.

I pay V Day today all the attention it deserves. I thought it was tomorrow, actually. Meh. My kinda Action-Packed Celebration is to make the tasty Tostadas for Breakfast that I just thought of. Nuffin' sez Lovin' like someone else doing the Cooking. And, I follow through with some serious Kitchen Cleanup, of course!

And, with that, time for a deep and meaningful Love Song from my former Neighbor. His Ranch was/is at the base of the left-most Peak in the Pic below. Stevie Ray Vaughn on Lead Guitar...

- ' You Can Leave Your Hat On' ~ Joe Cocker ~ Live In Germany 1992 -

Old 02-14-2016, 06:33 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

That's one of my favorite songs.
I have a story to go with it, but it's too long to share here. And no, it's not naughty.
Old 02-14-2016, 06:42 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

Mesa your pic is epic
Old 02-14-2016, 07:12 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Well he amputated me from his life with a callousness which I find hard to believe. And yeah I know I'm better off without but it still hurts a little.
Old 02-14-2016, 07:17 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

When I was single on this day, which was many more days than I was 'attached', I used to thank my lucky stars that I didn't have to 'play' the day. And I laughed at the guys who "had to" do something just because it was valentine's day.

The wife told me this morning, "I didn't get you anything."

Sure she did, she got me a new rug shampooer And a new pepper mill. She hasn't seen them yet...

I made her lunch already. She has to work 12 hours because of people shortage. Pan grilled sockeye salmon, steamed asparagus, and garlic mashed... a snack of asiago cheese and grapes, and a wawa italian hoagie we picked up last night. She ain't gonna starve.

I have the place to myself today... maybe give that shampooer a test run...
Old 02-14-2016, 07:23 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Woooowww! Epic sunrise mesa!

Brain- haha! I laughed out loud about the gifts your wife got you

Happy valentines everyone!!

I'm off to work and very tired
I slept at my neighbours, I was exhausted from moving and he woke me up in the middle of the night at 4 am ( you can guess why)
So I pushed him over and told him I was too tired.
But then I couldn't fall back asleep, and I could see he was sleeping beside me and this irritated me.
So like a brat I woke him back up.
There! We're both tired for work now.
Old 02-14-2016, 07:34 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
...holds the key

What a sunrise, Mesa! I just looked out and it's cloudy here...my kinda day!

I slept hard last night after a week of anxious restless sleep! I woke up grateful to be sober and thinking of the people who started drinking before noon yesterday and were still going when I left last night. So glad it's not me and so glad I feel good and have the whole day to myself!

56 wants to have coffee today. Oh...I found out he's not a drinker (kinda suspected from the beginning just by some things he said). Not sure if I want to commit to that today but I'll decide later.

Melina...your Target run sounds like good self care and your plan is solid!

((Marty)) I want you hear your story even if it's not naughty! ❤️

((((Tetra))))
Old 02-14-2016, 07:44 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

The thing indicates -15 C. The sun is out bright and it's already getting warmer.
The birds are hopping around and chirping outside. And I have the day all to myself I keep losing my internet connection, but I don't care.

You are all my valentines...

Happy Sunday!
Old 02-14-2016, 07:45 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Ha I just realized something! When Behan said something about V day he was talking about Valentines Day! I thought it was some European Veterans Day and was wondering why they gave gifts for it!! Lol!! (Omg brynn!....get with the program!)
Old 02-14-2016, 07:45 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

To all the special people in my life - happy Valentine's Day!!!

I never expect anything for Valentine's Day. That way I won't be disappointed. I got a small box of chocolates from a guy at the AA meeting I attended. That was sweet.

I am going to get on facebook today. A friend of mine's birthday and since she moved and I don't yet have her current address, I want to wish her well.

We're going to an outdoor show - indoors of course. But having to do with fishing, boating, outdoor summer activities. Little Miss is VERY interested in seeing the bows and arrows BRAIN. She's wearing her Robin Hood Halloween costume as we speak.

Hang in there people! Weas, my 14 year old cat has been acting goofy too lately. I think it's the cold. Or senility? Why knows. I keep finding her in odd spots.
Old 02-14-2016, 07:48 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
...holds the key

in my defense...I did wonder why it coincided with Valentines Day! Lol!
Old 02-14-2016, 07:58 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

haha, Little Miss Robin Hood...
Jsbodhi - I've been thinking, you change your avatar often and explain what it is to the masses. You know that carries backwards? I'm sure there are some people quite perplexed when they see a 'new' post about what you avatar is. They see a picture of a castle and the post says it is candles or whatever... they might think they are losing their mind or you already have
I didn't count, but I think there are around twenty different descriptions of your avatar for the same pic. Unless I really am losing my mind.

Ruby, the PA outdoor show was this past week. I haven't gone in years - ever since it was canceled one year because of all the gun protesters. And, since I have no money to spend on such frivolous things. There is usually a display where kids can shoot an 'arrow' at something. Hit the bear in the back and win a prize

time for a sing along?

Last edited by LBrain; 02-14-2016 at 08:05 AM. Reason: robin hood
Old 02-14-2016, 07:58 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Morning, all!

Tetra, that breakfast sounds delicious! I know it hurts about the guy, but you are so great. He doesn't deserve you. I'm sorry you're sad about it.

Mesa, wowowowow on the pic!

Brynn, I'm right there with you on the no drinking feeling of relief! Get right back here after coffee with 56 and spill it, lady!

L, your wife is so thoughtful lol

Hi Marty! Hi Wolfie! Hi Jen! Hi Rubes!

Woke up happy to be sober. I have a lot to do today and I can do it all from home on the couch, just like yesterday. No rush and it'll all get done, or not, with extreme lounging and comfort all mixed in. Yum. Works for me.

It's bitter cold, I have ample provisions, there's always grub hub, and if sober chef wants to do something, perhaps I will. I'm already pulling back from him tho.

I'm learning boundaries and I want to take care of myself before I start absorbing someone else's juju... there are some red flags already. Not deal breakers, but I think I might be a little serious for him. Not serious like I want a relationship, but I'm razor focused right now with the huge project that is my job and I gots my sobriety to serve and protect above all.

He speaks some theories he concocts about human behavior.. I find myself wanting to argue, they sound like when you are in your early 20's and bound and determined to figure out the adult world, and every time you unfold a piece of it you come up with a theory and it's long winded, self righteous sounding tripe. I know, I did it too and still have to try to realize that even my greatest ideas and theories are chump change to a bigger mind.

I'm being picky but honestly, I needed something to hold me back from running head over unmentionable body parts all up in this guy and then thinking a great new love affair will be just the ticket.

I am stressed out from work, my heart is broken over not seeing my ex's kid, I just freaking drank the day before I met him... That's what I need to be focused on.

I'm happy with my new home, I'm starting a side business, I'm practicing self care, I'm working on a great financial plan for this year.... All good things I don't want to put a person in front of right now.

Doesn't mean I cant have fun with the guy, but I'm not trying to get wifed up.

Boundaries are kinda cool, wish I would have heard of them sooner LOOOOOOL

xoxo
Old 02-14-2016, 08:05 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Melina...sometimes I think you're in my head! Boundaries are the coolest invention ever! Learning to use them properly is a bit challenging but we're learning as we go! Yippee! And I know exactly what you mean about the self righteous spouting of theories UGH! On my short list of all time WORST irritants! You'll figure it all out as time goes on, though!
Old 02-14-2016, 08:09 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Melina View Post
Boundaries are kinda cool, wish I would have heard of them sooner LOOOOOOL xoxo
Yeah, me too.