Notices

Ghostbusters!

Old 02-09-2016, 11:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Alive in the Superunknown

Ghostbusters!

Who you gonna call, when your AV gets wound up? When you're feeling down and want to escape, when you're feeling great and want to "celebrate"?

My guy is Radar. He's decades sober through AA. Before I started my own recovery, but after I recognized that I absolutely had to do exactly that, I spoke with him about it. He's a damned smart guy, one of the smartest I've ever known, and he has so much spiritual insight. He helped me conquer my fear of the unknown, my fear of taking this new path in life, and I'm truly lucky to have met him and gotten to know him.

There've been two times since I started this journey at the beginning of January when I knew, just knew I was going to fall back into the whirlpool. Both times, I called up Radar, on the edge of tears, and you know what? That old SoB talked me back from the edge with his calm demeanor and wise words. Ironically enough, the one lapse I've had, at the end of January, I didn't call him at all, because I didn't fight my AV at all. I wish I had.

This is the thread where you give props to those who support you. Tell us about the person or people you call when you're feeling the tug again.

It's also the thread where if you need someone like that, hopefully you'll reach out to someone here.
Old 02-09-2016, 11:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

A excellent thoughtful thread
Old 02-09-2016, 11:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great thread, I think a lot of know who / what could help us when we're about to slip but it's pausing and actually calling them before drinking.

How about next time we're determined to go off the deep end say to ourselves "ok, I'll give half an hour on SR / talking to x / excercising / whatever and if I still feel like drinking I can..."

Maybe just putting that pause in will be enough to ride it out...
Old 02-10-2016, 02:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I have to credit my counselor and the members of SR for supporting and encouraging me.
Old 02-10-2016, 02:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

For me it's SR. I've felt like drinking twice since I stopped and both times I posted in here and the supportive comments I received turned my head around. guys !
Old 02-10-2016, 05:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I call my sponsor. She always keeps me grounded. When I can't get in touch with her I reach out to other women from my home group. All have been very helpful to me. They refuse to cosign my BS!
Old 02-10-2016, 05:54 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

That is awesome Thump!! It is so important to have that person. For me, it is a friend I originally met on SR and we committe to remain sober forever in January. We text daily and if one of us is struggling, we text immediately.

I also log on here several times throughout the day, I actually think my phone keeps me logged in all day long, which is nice because I can get right back to where I need to go.

Have a Wonderful Wedneaday!!!

❤️Delilah