Notices

Old friend in town

Old 02-05-2016, 05:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Old friend in town

Old friend in town and he called and invited me to the bar. Didn't really think twice and said I'm good. Will be meeting up with him and other for a super bowl party. Sure there will be some drinkers but there will be about half of the people who don't be drinking. So I guess I have one in the win column as of now by not going to the bar tonight.

Got frustrated today BC I wanted to sign up for a quit smoking site and I can't because I need to validate my account with my email address. Well I haven't rec'd that validation email yet. It's been like two hours. I've tried to send an email again and its just not working... Ugh
Old 02-05-2016, 05:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good job, jryan; very good job opting out of the bar meet.

Have a good time at the Super bowl party. Who are you rooting for?
Old 02-05-2016, 06:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

The Panthers. I made a bet for them to win the Super Bowl months ago that pays out a lot.
Old 02-05-2016, 06:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey Jryan,

I quit smoking a few days ago (I'm on my 4th day.) I used Joel Spitzer's youtube videos. They are fantastic. Go cold turkey with no NRT. By the end of day three you will be feeling SO MUCH BETTER.
Old 02-05-2016, 06:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Serper2014 View Post
Hey Jryan,

I quit smoking a few days ago (I'm on my 4th day.) I used Joel Spitzer's youtube videos. They are fantastic. Go cold turkey with no NRT. By the end of day three you will be feeling SO MUCH BETTER.
I will look that up! I feel better not smoking outside of coughing crap up. I swear the mornings are brutal for that crap your lungs are clearing out. Oh and I went cold turkey.
Old 02-06-2016, 04:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good job Jryan
Old 02-06-2016, 05:42 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
You can have reasons, or you can have results, but you can't have both.

That's awesome. FWIW, my drinking buddies have been fine with my quitting. I just say No, thanks and that's pretty much the end of it. A couple of them are inspired to quit themselves....but so far nobody's made it past Day 2.

Congrats, and enjoy the Super Bowl with no hangover on Monday!
Old 02-06-2016, 06:51 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberinSyracuse View Post
That's awesome. FWIW, my drinking buddies have been fine with my quitting. I just say No, thanks and that's pretty much the end of it. A couple of them are inspired to quit themselves....but so far nobody's made it past Day 2.

Congrats, and enjoy the Super Bowl with no hangover on Monday!
I hear ya. I am sure he would be fine if i didnt drink and went to the bar with him. Its just that i don't want to go to a bar...
Old 02-06-2016, 07:01 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
You can have reasons, or you can have results, but you can't have both.

Originally Posted by jryan19982 View Post
I hear ya. I am sure he would be fine if i didnt drink and went to the bar with him. Its just that i don't want to go to a bar...
Nor should you. How dull! When someone made the suggestion that I go to a wine tasting and not drink, I told them that's like going to a movie and reading a book. I mean, seriously! What kind of lame social invitation is that?!

Asked for further explanation, I added "Drunks are boring and I don't do boring." It may not be flattering, but it's the truth, LOL!

But this was not an old buddy. This was a man who was hoping I'd attend his gathering, decide to drink, and end up having one too many.

But I digress. Only do social stuff you like. Old buddies are usually fine with that.