Notices

Lost

Old 09-15-2004, 09:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Lost

Its going on my two month sober anniversary and its getting harder and harder. Things are getting worse for me. I cant seem to get the thoughts out of my head. Everytime I turn around, the thought of going back to the drugs is there and it scares me. I dont know what to do with myself anymore. I need help, but where I live now, there is not a whole lot of help around... WHAT DO I DO?!
Old 09-15-2004, 09:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Have you looked for meetings?
Try to find things you like to do and stay busy.
Make up a list of things you aways wanted to do but never did.
Start a hobby
Go to school
Take that fishing trip
Plant a garden

Fill in your time with things that you will enjoy. Enjoy your clean and sober time now that you have it.

Congratulations on the 2 months
Old 09-15-2004, 10:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Castaway

Hi Anachronism,
Like Best mentioned, I was wondering if there are any AA meetings you can get to? Do you feel like you're under a lot of stress these days which may be triggering thoughts of using again? You've come a long way and I pray that you'll find the strength to sort your feelings out. You know that using isn't the answer. Maybe you have a close friend or family member you can call. We're here for you. Post and let us know how you're doing.
Sandy
Old 09-16-2004, 06:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good morning Anachronism
How are you today? Way to go on the upcoming 2 months - don't give them up!
It's perfectly normal to feel the way that you do - now it's up to you to reach out
(as you have) and ask for help. I'm glad you're here. Yes, get to a meeting! In the meantime keep posting here and let us help you through this tough spot. Most if not all of us have been there. It WILL get better if you stay clean, but using or drinking isn't going to help things AT ALL. Get through it my friend I'll be praying for you.
God Bless
Love Rowan
Old 09-16-2004, 10:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I think the biggest stress that is causing these feelings is the fact that I have moved 2500 miles away from everything that I have known and loved for the past 19 years. I went from the big city of San Diego, CA to the tiny suburb of Rincon, GA. Im scared and alone. I have no one out here except my two roommates. Thats all I have. I cant seem to make many friends out here because I dont get into town often. I cant work, I dont have a car. I cant go to school because I dont work to pay for it. I've looked for meetings out here in my area, but since I live so far out of town, they are few and far between. I cant seem to find a way to get to them either. Im trying to see the positive in being out here, but I think all that its doing is hindering me.... Should I move back to California? Should I stay here? I dont know what to do about anything anymore...
Old 09-16-2004, 10:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

2 months is great ! You are not alone , you have all of us here at SR . Stay on line as much as you can right now , there are also online meetings here if you cant get to f2f meetings. Look in your local phone book there will be a number for the AA answering service give them a call , they might be able to help you with rides , as far as school goes you can go to the school in your area and apply for finacial aid .Try to stay in today and not overwhelm yourself with all the thinking . If you dont pick up everything will work out ..keep the faith ,Trish
Old 09-16-2004, 07:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi, congratulations on two months!! That is truly a miracle. Hang in there and don't give up! Using will only make you feel worse. Trust me, I had almost three months and I had those 'thoughts' and I gave in!! And trust me, I felt so much better before I picked up even with those thoughts. So I am living proof that it is better to stand up and fight rather than give in. Focus on one day at a time. The thoughts will go away. Try to go to as many meetings as you can.

Hope
Old 09-22-2004, 05:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Ive been trying to see the positive in all this. Im trying to be online as much as possible to get the positive feedback from everyone here, but I have to help out take care of two kids here. It makes it hard for me to get online. I got an offer that if I go back to California, my grandmother will pay for all of my college fees. I dont know if I should take her up on that offer or not. I found a friend out here. Hes really helping me out, but I still dont know if this is what I want. I dont know what I should do... I need some help! I need someones opinion!
Old 09-23-2004, 08:46 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Chy

Hi and welcome to SR!
Try to get in contact with people like you. Find a means of support, all you have to do is find the nearest meeting and call. They will pick you up. It's hard making such major decisions early in recovery. Have courage and remain strong, help is out there, just have to look real hard!
Old 09-23-2004, 09:09 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
easydoesitmikey

hi there.new horizons group meets in rincon on tues and fri.i will send you a private message with a couple members #s.