Oh, 2nd shotgun.
Old 02-01-2016, 02:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Hahaha Awesome Mr. B!
Old 02-01-2016, 02:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Good morning everyone. I am ready for the week and have a plan to get much done.

We are having such a warm winter. Today will be over 50 degrees. And yesterday was as well. Wow. Almost all the snow is melted. That's highly unusual for February 1st. No storms in sight.

Think maybe I will take a walk after dinner.

Looks like we had a lot of folks make it through this weekend sober. Some did not. A nice mix of new folks joined us.

A few things about this weekender thread.
  • We don't judge.
  • You will find support to be honest, caring and hopeful.
  • You don't need to keep up.
  • Start any new topic that comes to mind.
  • Post as much as you need to feel connected and get help.
  • Every single person here, posters or lurkers is what makes this thread so much fun and special.

Have a great week. We start a new thread on Thursday morning. This one will go until then and end.

If anyone has an idea for a theme they want to express let me know. I can include it in the intro.

Be well... Off to work here. See you later.

Ken
Old 02-01-2016, 03:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thank you D for the new thread & well said Ken
Old 02-01-2016, 04:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Melina - what a horrible situation. If I were in it, I probably would have done the babysitting and then beaten myself up for being a patsy. Good for you for standing your ground, even though I know it hurts. Here's what I'd do - send him a letter telling him you would like to see the baby on a regular schedule that works with your work schedule. Explain all of your feelings to him. Tell him you aren't willing to babysit whenever it suits him. Let him know you'll talk to him if and when he's willing to set that schedule up. That way it's all in writing and not left to midnight conversations. And then leave it alone until he contacts you again. He might not. So you'll have o be prepared for that.

Anyway- you do what you think is right.
Old 02-01-2016, 04:42 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone.

Melina, ditto what MLD said.

Another Monday.
Old 02-01-2016, 04:56 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post

Another Monday.
Here we go.

Got my game face on:

Morning Enders!!
Old 02-01-2016, 04:56 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Dee's sig says:

Nice one, Dee!
Old 02-01-2016, 05:04 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Melina, it seems you know clearly how it should go, if ex is going to include you in child's life, with respect. You expressed it well and I'm so glad you didn't take ex's s#!t. You instantly saw it for what it was. MLDs suggestion to put your proposal in writing is brilliant and should certainly save on drama. I personally would not expose all my feelings to ex again...keeps emotions high. This is about respecting you and respecting his child's relationship with you. If that is nowhere on his agenda, his response to written proposal will make that plain.

You are quite something, Melina. Kudos.
Old 02-01-2016, 05:11 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Good Monday Morning, Enders. I am back from my trip full of plans for work life and personal life. It is going to be a difficult and very intense work week. But I'm beginning to see that my tendency to catastrophize about how hard something WILL be...that tendency amps up my anxiety, I do less well in performing, and yet the event or task I fear sometimes turns out to be less stressful than anticipated. So...related to the weekender theme, I am absolutely working on Keep Calm and Sober On. Excellent theme for me this week.
Old 02-01-2016, 05:13 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

A couple of things I really like about this thread are that we don't have this ongoing posting of answering every person's thoughts. I've been in several forums, and not only do I not want to (and really can't) answer every person's post, but I would rather read new random things. So I'm not one to reply to every thought. Just me. Some people like to do that. More power to them.

Another thing I like is that for the most part it's a positive thread/slice of life/a little A.D.D. Like me.

Also, I like the new people jumping in with little stories about their lives. I don't care if no one acknowledges me or knows who I am. In the end, this is a support thread and anyone who is struggling with drinking will get a lot of support here. There are many members on this thread with two plus years of sobriety and we remember all too well those early days. I think you will find hope in the banter here. Jump in.

So, if you're stumbling on the Weekenders rapid posting, jump in wherever you want, with whatever you're doing to keep busy, stay sober, build a new life. Welcome.
Old 02-01-2016, 05:23 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Bim, I could not agree more. I answer if a post speaks to me and I have something to say, and the time to say it. Otherwise I just enjoy the stream-of-consciousness. You and Ken have summed it up so nicely for newer bus riders, and I count myself as newer.

Off to work for me...later, soberenders!
Old 02-01-2016, 05:27 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Melina, I was online yesterday looking up beekeeper info. I would love that. I think I'm going to go to one of the classes. It really spoke to me for some reason. Well, for a lot of reasons.
Old 02-01-2016, 05:32 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Geek Alert

It seems like i have been reading similar articles for decades. They mention a project called ITER but not the delays and cost overruns - it was supposed to fire in 2017, that is now 2025 and no date for breakeven point, where the power produced equals or exceeds the power used to fire up the reactor. Still, good luck to them, after the hottest year in recorded history we really need carbon free energy

The Wendelstein 7-X nuclear fusion reactor just fired up for the first time, and it could make fossil fuels redundant | Inhabitat - Green Design, Innovation, Architecture, Green Building
Old 02-01-2016, 05:40 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Morning rogues!

Had to make myself get outta bed this morning but coffee's helping the Monday morning blues!

I have to see the ex mr brynn in a few weeks at a party and I'm already dreading it. Need to stay focused on today...mindfulness and staying in the present and all that jazz.

Melina...my heart goes out to you. It's an awfully tough situation to be in

Off to work. Have a great day all xo
Old 02-01-2016, 05:45 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I finally got up the courage to get on the scale after not weighing myself for four months. Five pounds up. Not too bad, considering all the sweets I ate over the last four months. It gives me incentive. Now I'm locked down for the week again.

My best advice to you is don't get old. That and if you aren't working, don't eat. Slowed metabolism, age, lack of daily work activity makes this whole thing more delicate. 1400 calories a day is not enough food, but that's where I am.

I want to go back to my twenties and thirties when I could eat what I want. Or maybe a job is a good idea...because I really don't want to go back to my twenties and thirties. Too much angst.
Old 02-01-2016, 05:53 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Ha Bim, sometimes I check in here and back out cause I think I am in the "Women Room" thread. With all the "girl talk" going on...

Anyway, I started my diet today. Had 3/4 cup of oats, 1/4 c walnuts w/tbsp honey and a shake of pollen nuggets, and 2 navel oranges.
Pollen nuggets are being used because they were bought a while ago. Once gone, gone.
The basis of my diet? Just be mindful of what I eat. No powering down a half bag of veggie straws or chocolate for no good reason. Basically. watch what I eat and don't eat too much, and stay away from crap. Unfortunately I picked up some bagels a few days ago... I'd leave them for her but they'll grow mold before she eats them...

So I was 'researching' storm names in UK. I was curious to see if it is similar to the weather channel's modus operandi for naming snow storms. Which is basically four guys sitting in a room deciding whether "THEY" should give it a name. A snow fall in Atlanta Georgia of 2 inches of snow falls into the 'acceptable' criteria for naming a storm, whereas in Burlington VT, it must have 9 inches of snow to qualify as a "storm". Or something like that.
Weather channel naming storms is nothing more than sensationalizing the weather for their own benefit. No-one else.

Anyway, even though it is a small area, there seems to be a 'scientific' basis for the naming of "storms" in the UK. So I will reserve judgement at this time.
I do however find it interesting that the names are voted on by the public.
So we can start a campaign to have Bim on the list for next year.

Oh, and as I was searching for info on the UK storm naming procedure, I came across this article. I think it could be the answer to the weekender's get together - at least here in the USA. Or perhaps we could all meet in Ireland?
Unless this of course is a girls only trip. I keep forgetting...

West Virginia, Irish Road Bowling, Sport

Notice the one guy with the sears roebuck buckskin duds? Not a "real" West Virginian. They make their own.
Old 02-01-2016, 05:59 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
. Now I'm locked down for the week again.

I am finally starting my new year resolutions today. Ten pounds off is on that list. I am going to over shoot with the ten so I have some candy room when I am done.
Old 02-01-2016, 06:01 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

So we can start a campaign to have Bim on the list for next year.
What are you trying to say?