Notices

another try

Old 01-31-2016, 11:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

another try

Hi everyone,

Here we go again.......starting tomorrow feb 1 i am going to try going sober again for one month.

I did it last june sucessfully and felt amazing during that time. I thought I could go back to it in moderation but, hmmmmm, we all know how that works.

The only problem is ....intellectually I am totally ready for this respite. Emotionally and spiritually....not quite so sure......is it even worth trying if my heart and soul aren't completely in the right place? thoughts?
Old 01-31-2016, 11:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
You can have reasons, or you can have results, but you can't have both.

Can you explain more about the disconnect between "intellectually" and "emotionally/spiritually?"

'Cuz it's normal for people in recovery to be broken emotionally and spiritually. Putting those pieces back together is the work of recovery. But making the decision to quit is intellectual. As is getting the recovery plan in place, including support resources (not just his forum, but stuff in real life).
Old 01-31-2016, 12:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

intellectually i know i need to do this to be more productive at work and find some meaning in life to get myself out of this depressing existence. but i feel emotionally weak, depressed and just not strong enough to face my life sober all the time.
Old 01-31-2016, 12:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Go for it. Even if you're not sure you're "ready", do it anyway. Act yourself into right thinking.