Notices

Solutions: Meditation, Making Changes, and Worry

Old 01-30-2016, 01:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
EndGame

Solutions: Meditation, Making Changes, and Worry

I'm not big on "Tips & Tricks" for getting sober or learning to think and act with a clear mind, but sometimes keeping things simple can make a difference.

I've learned that when I'm rationalizing my behavior, any behavior, then I need to make a change. Why I'm doing something that either brings me unnecessary suffering or gives me little or nothing at all, and why I'm not doing something that's within my grasp to improve my life.

This, among much else, has become a more or less automatic process which, if nothing else, allows me to do whatever is necessary in order to make the desired or necessary changes relatively quickly, and that usually brings me to a better place, regardless of the outcome.

This may seem trivial, but I've gotten into the habit of taking naps the day before I don't need to work, particularly this time of year, since I reliably experience Depressive Disorder with Seasonal Onset (formerly known as "SAD" or Seasonal Affective Disorder, a temporary, conditional or situational condition). Since it doesn't change on its own or "just go away," I've learned to live with it by how I think about it and what I do about it.

I hope this helps.

Book Review: How Meditation, Placebos And Virtual Reality Help Power 'Mind Over Body' : Shots - Health News : NPR

Top 10 Mistakes in Making Behavioral Changes (and their solutions) | NLP Discoveries

21 Signs That Your Worries Are Out of Control | NLP Discoveries
Old 01-30-2016, 02:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JD
You're not shackled to not drinking, you're free from drinking

Those are great. Thanks for the links.
Old 01-30-2016, 02:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thank you Endgame