Help! What do I do or look for?

Old 01-29-2016, 06:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Help! What do I do or look for?

My husband changed gradually over several months. He works in oilfield and gone a lot. His circle of friends has completely changed to people who He used to say he didn't want to associate with because of drugs. He used to be addicted to weed and pain meds way before He met me but he said He quit cold Turkey. Well my husband has became mean, cheated, lied, left me and kids homeless, and filed for divorce. When I asked him if He was on drugs he became enraged!!!! What do y'all think? He is hiding something
Old 01-29-2016, 07:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I think you should look for an attorney. If you don't have money, check into your state's legal aid program. Also find some financial resources to help you and your children through this time of crisis- SNAP, WIC and other programs exist to help people in your situation.
Your husband's motivation is really not that important. His behavior is totally unacceptable and he needs to be a man and step up and provide for his children. Sadly he might be one of those people who only does so when forced to via the legal system. My ex was the same way. I'm so sorry you and your children are experiencing this.
Old 01-29-2016, 07:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Does it sound like drugs are involved? I have an attorney. I woul just like to know if he is or if it sounds like it to protect my child and I. I'm not interested in trying to fix him I'm trying to protect myself and child
Old 01-29-2016, 07:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Without knowing him, or you, no one can say if it sound like drugs. Certainly people on drugs act erratic. However not all erratic people are on drugs. Definitely if you have concerns voice those to your attorney as you will have to keep your child safe.

I am so sorry for what you are going through.
Old 01-29-2016, 07:37 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I have had numerous people tell me they thought he might be on drugs. The girl he cheated with is known to do meth. He admitted on the phone he had a drug problem but didn't say what kind and said he was scared I wouldn't ever let him see our child again. A day later he said He just made i it up so I would feel sorry for him and take him back. Now He denies ever saying he was on drugs at all.
Old 01-29-2016, 08:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Speak to your attorney about your concerns. My ex is required to attend an alcohol treatment program or have monitored sobriety in the event that he wants to exercise his visitation rights. If there are grounds to do so, a judge may order drug testing or treatment as a condition for visitation.
Don't base any decisions on anything he SAYS. His behavior is erratic and unpredictable. Whatever the reason for that, you should act in your child's best interests.
Old 01-29-2016, 08:29 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Drugs are never an acceptable excuse for unacceptable behavior, ever.

So let’s take the drug issue out of the picture…………

Is it ok that he left you and his child homeless?
Old 01-29-2016, 08:38 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Now, if he told you he has a drug problem and later tried to take it back, I would say that is a pretty big sign he has a drug problem. Lie and deny is their motto. Believe nothing, watch his actions. DOCUMENT EVERY SINGLE THING.

What atalose just said is spot on, take the drugs out, it's definitely NOT ok for him to up and leave you homeless.
Old 01-29-2016, 10:06 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

my husband has became mean, cheated, lied, left me and kids homeless, and filed for divorce.

i think you already have enough INPUT to know that this man is not to be trusted, and is completely unsuitable as a parent. whether or not he is also using drugs just muddles the issue at this point. you HAVE an attorney, share your concerns with him/her, and file a strong iron clad response to his petition for divorce, FULL custody, NO visitation, and child support, to whatever limits the laws in your state allows.

spending mental energy on what he said, then retracted, and what he may or may not be doing is just wasted energy you don't have to spare at this point. IMHO.