Today's Thought - 9/15

Old 09-15-2004, 07:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
{tap}{tap}...Is this thing on?

Today's Thought - 9/15

Slow motion gets you there faster.
--Hoagy Carmichael

"One of the hardest lessons for me to learn is patience," admitted a fellow. "I've been in a race all my life. I suppose I could compare myself to the hare in the fable of The Tortoise and the Hare. I jump into things, rush at them, and never seem to cross the finish line. I get side-tracked by other things that seem to need immediate attention. I never have a sense of peace. Everything has to be done by yesterday.

"I was even in a hurry in my marriage -- which is one reason I'm divorced now. I wanted my wife to race with me. I wanted her to be perfect overnight. I nagged at her constantly. I was too impatient to let her grow at her own speed. Because I couldn't slow down, I couldn't allow her to be at peace either.

"I thought I was doing all the changing and growing. When, in reality, all I was doing was bombarding my problems and projects with a lot of momentum and very little common sense."

Today I will slow down. I only increase my difficulties when I try to solve them in a hurry.

From the book: The Reflecting Pond by Liane Cordes
Old 09-15-2004, 08:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks Petunia..I needed that today
Old 09-15-2004, 08:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

good one petunia - i am a "instant gratification" freak so this is definitely something that i need! appreciate the time and post each day!

hugs - cwohio