Notices

Every day is a miracle to me

Old 01-28-2016, 06:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Every day is a miracle to me

So last time I was on here I said I had gone to my first AA meeting. Ever since then I have continued with some meetings and even got a sponsor. My life feels really amazing right now and I feel fantastic, I am on day 28 although it feels a lot longer than that for some reason.

Its amazing how much better you feel after not drinking and its not even been a month. I may still be pink clouding it (a word my sponsor used) but I don't care, I feel good. I feel like the veil has been lifted and I am able to really feel and see what is around me. I quit for 10 months in 2013 so I remember this feeling. I don't know why I let it slip through my hands though. Its crazy how I thought having one or two glasses of wine again was going to be okay. and it just sent me on the crazy train for 2 years until I finally said enough!

So here I am again taking it one day at a time. The difference this time is I am not going to isolate myself. I have met another woman from AA and we have become friends (not my sponsor).

My sponsor is an amazing woman, it may sound weird but I think she was meant to come into my life, we have so many similarities, its eery. I feel like I am really open now to all the miracles that the universe has to offer. I know that sounds crazy but that is truly how I feel. I just feel more aware and truly present and that is a gift.

thank you for listening.
Old 01-28-2016, 07:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great post. That sounds like me. I relapsed after 10.5 months. I'd started isolating and didn't use the support that was offered. I quit by making up my mind, signing up here and using the site, going to AA meetings and making several women friends in the program. It really sounds like you're on the right track. Keep going and we'll done on 28 days. That's great.
Old 01-28-2016, 07:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Lovely post, you sound very happy.
Its nice to hear you have made a strong connection with your sponsor, it's such a blessing to meet people you click with so well.
Sobriety is wonderful!
Old 01-28-2016, 07:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Really lovely post
Old 01-28-2016, 02:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

That's really great to read fhl - congrats

D
Old 01-28-2016, 09:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your support. My sobriety started here, I owe allot to you all.
Old 01-28-2016, 09:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

What a fantastic an inspiring post. I really needed to read that today. Thank you

Congratulations, I hope things keep getting better.