Another one served up from my divorce group!

Old 01-27-2016, 05:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Another one served up from my divorce group!

"Psychopaths are bullies that don't like when people stand up to them. They feel perfectly entitled to push boundaries, abuse, lie abd criticize. But God forbid someone call them out on this behavior-that person becomes enemy number one. In order to divert the blame, they'll suddenly twist it around on you, so suddenly you're on the defensive and the focus is shifted away from them.their hypocrisy will be so unbelievable that you won't know where to begin. They'll accuse you of doing things they are actually doing, all in an attempt to pull you in to their chaotic distraction. Psychopaths are bullies and are too cowardly to fight fair. Anyone that tries to ruin you is a coward and a psychopath with the deepest of insecurities-you telling the truth. "

Holy s**t. I read this today and started crying. I'm sure some of y'all will relate as well. Am I calling our As psychopaths? Nope. But I'm sure some of them fit the profile. I lived the above for years and was accused of many things that I know my ex was doing. It took me years to get out of the FOG and realize that it's all about him as a person protecting his fragile facade and fading reputation. If he can create me as crazy and pathologically lie and distort the truth, people won't listen to me or believe the truth about him. But it's about him-not me. Took me years to understand all this. Hope it maybe helps some of y'all too.
Old 01-27-2016, 06:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sadly the above is a perfect description of my oldest adopted son who is 19. I've had to pull away from him altogether. When I left my exah I told him to stay with his dad because I feared for my safety. Now, we don't speak unless he wants to text me something accusatory, nasty, and false. He no longer has me to bully at home so the anger is beginning to seep out his edges at school. I only wish the authoritative males in his life would not allow him to get away with the things he's doing right now. Not likely. I pray for him daily; that is all I have left to give.
Old 01-27-2016, 06:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear, Katchie! It sounds like you did the right thing to stay safe. Prayers to you, friend.
Old 01-27-2016, 07:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Btw, Katchie-would love to hear from you and hear how you are doing-have thought about you
Old 01-27-2016, 07:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Awesome quote! Thanks for sharing.