Notices

Hello again. Update

Old 01-27-2016, 09:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello again. Update

Hi!
It's been while from my last post. But the good thing is that I've been sober since then. I haven't bought a bottle of wine as I used to, when I go to the market. And I've been out with friends but they don't drink much and some don't drink at all, so even I've had the chance to drink I said no thanks. None knows about this. I just told recently to a close friend that I decided to don't drink anymore because I used to drink too much when alone. She understood.

Depression is a little better, but I haven't make an appointment with a Psychiatrist. I live in a culture where getting married and have children is the one thing you must have as a goal, as well as a sucessful career and I don't have neither of those things. And that's why I haven't make an appointment with a doctor because they used ask those personal questions I don't want to answer.

Anyway I belong to spiritual community where I can get help and tomorrow I'll talk to two good friends of that community, one of them is a general doctor. I won't talk about alcohol problems (although one of them knows that I have a sort of a problem about this issue), because I don't feel comfortable talking about this, but I will do talk about depression. The doctor knows about my depression.

It's a enormous effort I'm doing asking for help, because I don't like asking for help....

Any insight is welcome. Thanks for reading.
Katze
Old 01-27-2016, 11:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Kat:

I am proud of you for getting out of your comfort zone and asking for help. We need to help ourselves first and there is no shame in asking for that when you need it. Don't let you AV win! Asking for help is not a sign of weakness, it's a sign of maturity and strength .

Hope everything keeps going well and I hope to see you around !!!
Old 01-27-2016, 11:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I've been on antidepressants for 20 yrs but they didn't do any good when I was drinking. Now that I'm sober, they work like they should and my depression is a lot better.
Old 01-27-2016, 12:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Happy for you Katze
Old 01-27-2016, 12:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Congratulations on staying sober Kate

Hopefully you can find the right treatment for you depression
Old 01-27-2016, 01:14 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

It really is hard to ask for help but you're making good decisions.