Notices

Day 26 worried about the month milestone

Old 01-25-2016, 11:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 26 worried about the month milestone

Evening guys,

I bit the bullet and decided once and for all to totally finish drinking the day before new years eve,

So far all is good. Weight is gradually coming off, I love being hangover free and my family are happy.

There's one monkey on my shoulder at the moment though, I decided to do a dry january initially to get the ball rolling.

Feb 1st is fast approaching and the beer monster is starting to whisper in my ear quietly.

My intention is to remain strong 💪,

Bruno.
Old 01-25-2016, 11:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on 26 days sober! Don't give up just because you've reached one month. It gets better.
Old 01-25-2016, 11:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by Bruno1979 View Post
...decided once and for all to totally finish drinking the day before new years eve,
Seems pretty clear. Just don't mistake what you did to get the ball rolling (a month sober), as the goal.

The goal is never drinking.

Write it down somewhere in big letters!
Old 01-25-2016, 11:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

There's so much more to come, keep at it.
xx
Old 01-25-2016, 11:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You have to slowly train your mind that it is for good. Dry-Jan is a good start. Now it's time for Free-feb, then on to the March-Miracle! After that you'll be in the Spring-Swing and be well prepared for the Funner-Summer!!!
You can do it!! Every step every hurdle just gets better and better.
Old 01-25-2016, 11:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey Bruno that's my worry too. I told everyone I'm doing dry January so I'd be free from temptation. As a public wine binger and secret vodka drinker it was the simplest way to stay sober. My worry is that friends will expect me to be 'celebrating' come 1st feb and my AV will be cheerleading the charge.

I'm working on my plan to deal with the cravings and social pressure. Simple things like telling my friends 'I feel so good and have saved so much money I'm going to do dry February as well' I'll probably joke about it being a short month and all that, but either way, once that's out there I will feel stronger and less tempted. Might work for you too 😊
Old 01-25-2016, 11:53 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you decide to stick with it, and congratulations on how far you've come. I know it made a difference to me when I stopped leaving the door open a crack. Stopping for good is the best thing.
Old 01-25-2016, 12:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

Well done Bruno
Old 01-25-2016, 03:46 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
mav
just keep swimming

Bruno... Snap, exact same situ. I've been wrestling with this for the past week. Let me know if you get any bright ideas! At the moment I'm looking forward to the milestone, but all I've got is how much better 2 months will feel...
Old 01-25-2016, 03:50 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
mav
just keep swimming

Originally Posted by loopylou69 View Post
Hey Bruno that's my worry too. I told everyone I'm doing dry January so I'd be free from temptation. As a public wine binger and secret vodka drinker it was the simplest way to stay sober. My worry is that friends will expect me to be 'celebrating' come 1st feb and my AV will be cheerleading the charge.

I'm working on my plan to deal with the cravings and social pressure. Simple things like telling my friends 'I feel so good and have saved so much money I'm going to do dry February as well' I'll probably joke about it being a short month and all that, but either way, once that's out there I will feel stronger and less tempted. Might work for you too 😊
Ditto! I've basically been a hermit in Jan... Have a few work socials coming up in early Feb so it's going to be interesting, there will be high expectations of me getting back on it!

There was an interesting thread here the other day on "when do I tell people" - I think the general consensus was "the only person that matters is you [and close family] - so make up whatever BS you need to!"
Old 01-25-2016, 11:46 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Some great advice here Bruno.

Basically you're the captain of your ship - if you don't want to run aground - you don't have to

Ignore the peanut gallery and plot a steady course

D