Notices

Step 4

Old 01-23-2016, 09:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Step 4

Taking inventory on my pros and cons and trying to decrease/work on my defects is pretty extensive for me.

I know that I'll never be completely there. Imma always have flaws to work on (step 10).

I try to do my best to reel back in and check myself before I get caught up in bad traits of mine. Some days its harder than others.

I try to bring positive energy with my post but I will admit that I can be/and have been very irritable at times. Trying to put my life back together...like picking up the pieces of the mirror of my true self that I shattered trying to put them back in place to see myself again.

Gets frustrating. My left foot is F'ed up because of my accident and bothers me from time to time and I'm getting worried that I may have to get surgery done down road to get my second toe amputated. Idk but its been pissin me off a little the past few days.

Off track on the topic. Point is is that I'm trying (as we all are) and to the person that is newer I'd say that yes it is hard, gets easier, but still hard at times regardless. Keep fighting through the rough patches and you'll appreciate your sobriety that much more day by day.

Take care SR fam
Old 01-24-2016, 04:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

when i was working on my 4th step-the resentment list part of it- i was having a difficult time understanding the affects on me. a man at meetings would be listening to me, smiling, and say,"its a simple program."
which eventually i wanted to smack him!
mentioned it to him after a meeting. he said,"i say its simple, not easy. but youre workin it so it will get easier."
Old 01-24-2016, 04:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Taking inventory can mean working on our strengths not just trying to fix our flaws. No one is ever perfect no matter what. So try to find those things you do well or like to do - and go for them! Being a good friend, son/daughter, parent, sibling, coworker etc is a great thing. Keep up your journey!
Old 01-24-2016, 05:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You sound like your doing a great job finding things out about yourself. One thing that I still struggle with today is jealousy. What I am going to do is ask god to help takr it away from me and replace it with "joy for others". I wish I didn't feel this way, but it's one of those things about me that I consider a defect. I also need to try to worry about myself and not to think about what everyone else is doing. It is definitely a process. Anyways, in my own experience these things will get better over time. In very early sobriety my anxiety was extremely high. Today I have learned to deal eith life on lifes terms.

Stick to it. Don't pick up a drink. Ask God for help (whatever god is to you). Mine is just the world. I could hardly bring about such drastic changes without the qorld around me.