# 4 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Congrats tetra
Old 01-23-2016, 06:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congratulations Tetra!!
Old 01-23-2016, 07:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Watching the Full Moon pop through partial Clouds right outta some Scene in an old 'Werewolf' Movie.

The Minority-hating AR-15 Lovers burned through several possible States to move to. Now, they figger the Florida Keys are for them. The Gal half is using her Inheritance to get a Face Lift, and some Lipo. MesaMate warned her about having to avoid Solar post-Surgery for quite some time. She had no idea.

They rent right across the Highway from his Ex-. He customizes AR-15s, so the Market might be right in Drug Running Florida where you're Running under-Armed without a Semi-Auto.

MesaDog loves their Pup. They wrestle nonstop...
Old 01-23-2016, 07:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks
And thanks Anna for starting us off again.
Now I really have to go to bed!
Old 01-23-2016, 07:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Mesa and Sao make me laugh every night.

I'd also like to declare that I am officially jonesing for cheesy garlic bread. Big time.

Melina, I'd mentioned I'd write more about New Mexico. It has special significance for me.

I'd known for a long time that my life couldn't go on as it was. There was nothing specific but a series of insights that made me realize I had to stop and so one day, I did. And for a while, the newness of sobriety made it easier.

That was starting to wear thin just at the time that a long-scheduled solo trip to New Mexico was about to start in September of 2013. My trip centered around the day I'd scheduled with a professional photographer who takes hobbyists on "safaris" around Taos to work on their skills.

In the days leading up to my arrival, my new sobriety more fragile than ever, I fantasized about getting loaded while on vacation. On my first night there, I thought "why do that to yourself so you're hung over on your first day in this beautiful place?" On my second night there, I thought "why do that to yourself so you're hung over for a day of photo shoots with a pro?"

On my third night there, I thought "why do this to yourself?"

It was something of a breakthrough. It wasn't the be-all and the end-all. I was back to hurting three weeks later. That was when I joined SR.

But it was during that trip to New Mexico that the potential of a life without alcohol finally seemed real to me. Not easily accomplished, but very real.

I love New Mexico.

Old 01-23-2016, 07:12 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

AbFab Pix, Venecia!

See the recent Remake of 'True Grit' for plenty of New Mexico Locations. Identical to MesaVille Topography...
Old 01-23-2016, 07:29 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Just finished watching part one of The History of the Eagles. I thought I was a big fan, but there was so much I didn't know about the band. Good stuff. I'll watch part two in the morning.

Have a good night, everyone.
Old 01-23-2016, 07:29 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Oh Venecia! I smiled while reading your post. Just awesome! New Mexico was your Ah-Ha Moment!

Night tetra!

Mesa I just hope the gun totin haters don't move here! At least y'all are getting some entertainment out of the whole deal!
Old 01-23-2016, 07:34 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

(Venecia. ..I live in New Mexico. ...it is a magical place)
Old 01-23-2016, 07:38 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Congratulations on shotgun Tetra! May you and Daisy have a peaceful evening.

Venecia, great story. Thank you for writing that.

Melina, the pozole looks awesome. I'm glad you're doing well. Busy day for you. Don't overdo it.

I'm trying to convince son that it is bedtime. Since I'm sitting here typing away that is sort of pointless at the moment. I have to directly focus all of my attention on him to get him to comply. No half measures.

HaF, I'm glad the ski trip went well. I haven't cross county skied in a very long time. I have my own skis but I have no idea where the boots are. It's great exercise and MLD, I think the rhythm you use for snow shoeing is pretty much the same as for cross country.

Time to focus. See you all tomorrow. Good night.
Old 01-23-2016, 07:55 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Night Ruby!

Oh I'm so jealous, haf!
Old 01-23-2016, 08:22 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Good night, good people. ..
Old 01-23-2016, 09:09 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

unofficially - by way of yardstick - 28" of snow here...
drove wife to work and got behind plow train on the way back. 20 mph for five miles. Missed my exit and at last minute tried to go for it. Decided I should not try to plow through 4 feet of compacted snow and gunned it back onto the main road. Snow was a flyin everywhere and the people behind me prolly puckered up. Didn't even slow me down and fish tailed until I got back on main road.
Looks like record snowfalls around these parts.
I gotta go pick up wiff at 0730... maybe some sleep is in order...
Old 01-23-2016, 09:23 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Well, uh, here goes, I just got home from my shift. And, I know you all have no way of knowing this for real, but I am good at my job. If I'm having a bad day, I am a professional. However, I am human, and customers, many of whom believe in 'voting with their wallets' either have no idea or totally have forgotten what it's like to wait tables. And they can bring someone to the brink. I walked in to a dining room of unnecessarily terse and needy diners. They did not give me a break. "Break' meaning, they did not let me do my job. THAT happens all the time and is a very real problem for servers.

Servers are human. With horrible days. Bless the people that really know that and approach their service industry folk with kindness.

Not saying any of you were necessarily being unkind to your servers, but that service industry talk earlier made me bristle up.
Old 01-23-2016, 09:23 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Melina that pozole looks fabulous
Old 01-23-2016, 09:31 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

There really are MANY people out there who save up all of their angst from the day or week, bring it to a restaurant, and abuse their servers. Sometimes, it is all one can do to not lose it. Being a liaison and catering to people like that (which is unavoidable in our industry) is absolutely demeaning. The job isn't, THEY are.
That was the night I had at my restaurant and I wanted to come home and whine about my uncanny horde of terrible customers tonight.

Is there a thread already that may specifically be for service industry workers in recovery? This is a very difficult thing to do while trying not to drink. And it isn't because of the proximity to alcohol for me. It's the emotional tax at times. That I truly wish more people in this world could understand.
Old 01-23-2016, 09:41 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I'm also in the service industry, with the exception people come to me with their transportation problems. Course I rarely if ever get tipped or even acknowledged, usually they just want it fixed. Oh well.