Notices

That Friday feeling

Old 01-22-2016, 03:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

That Friday feeling

It's certainly not what it once was !!

I'm on Day 70 today but the last two Fridays have been horrible, been up and down again through the week but feeling really low again today, as soon as I woke I could feel a huge weight on me and just feeling utterly miserable again.

Last Friday gradually got worse as the day wore on, started to become really anxious in the afternoon and with plenty of cravings, something to calm me down (not the same thoughts as yet to be honest) and a bit of a meltdown at home after a stupid row which resulted in me attending my first AA meeting rather than reaching for my first drink.

Resulted in a really crap weekend feeling really rough and extremely low on Saturday and Sunday but then Monday came and with a burst of energy was up and away, through the week the mood keeps swinging from high to low but in general not too bad until this morning.

Also noticing how little confidence I have around people, which really is not like me at all.

Trying to focus on the positives though, the main one being just how much better family life is and a much more settled home, my wife and daughter are so much happier, my marriage wouldn't have lasted much longer unless I made the changes and without that being settled the wheels would have well and truly come right off, for that reason I cannot go back to my old ways and don't want to either, I'm a much better person without drink and drugs in my life just longing for the waters to calm, understand it may take time and that I need to weather the storm for a bit longer yet.

Not had chance through prior commitments to get to another meeting this week but will be attending again tonight.
Old 01-22-2016, 05:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RedAndy View Post
I'm a much better person without drink and drugs in my life just longing for the waters to calm, understand it may take time and that I need to weather the storm for a bit longer yet..
THIS is what I keep telling myself.

Let's make it a great day and keep the faith brother.
Old 01-22-2016, 06:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats Andy
Old 01-22-2016, 06:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Feeling it too, awful week, **** day, no crazy high to 'look forward' to... but no crazy foolish actions, regrettable incidents or squirming hangover either, and I will remember all of the night, even if I only eat and knit. I miss having people to talk to though, false camerarderie seems appealing when everything is so flat....
Anyway, back to the most boring work ever.... good luck, be in touch if you need x
Old 01-22-2016, 08:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Red Andy, you are a few days ahead of me! Well done for not reaching for the drink. I know how you are feeling though, I've had a weird week too, trying to convince myself that life is better. It is better, 10 fold! Not even comparable to before, it's just things from my drunk life have come into my thought process this week making me think about how it was. I don't want to go back, like you my marriage wouldn't have taken much more, my kids were beginning to hate me. (They are old enough to know what's going on) but today the Sun has been shining g, I've had good music playing and felt pretty happy and on a buzzy high. I think we are gonna have good days and bad days for a while, we just need to stay strong!!!
Old 01-22-2016, 02:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Fridays used to be * the* day for me...but I got into recovery and I changed...

I don't miss the BS or the crazy highs (which really underwhelm me now, looking back).

I see the whole picture now...me on Sunday night after a forgotten weekend of who knows what desperately hoping this last drink will help me sleep so I can be 'normal' for work tomorrow.

It's no way to live...but I got way worse than that....

I really enjoy my nice quiet, non drama Fridays now and I know you guys will too, in time