Notices

Hell of a day

Old 01-21-2016, 03:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hell of a day

Oh what a hell of a day I have had.

I managed 14 days sober and then caved last week, spending several days drunk. Last night I had an argument with my housemate and she walked out- only I was so drunk I didnt remember and started to worry about her shortly after. I was concerned as her usual coats and her phone were left behind and she has a history of disappearing and trying to kill herself so I naturally feared the worst.

I phoned the police to report her missing and they came over, spent a lot of time talking to me and looking around the tip of a flat as I dont clean often- depression makes it difficult to take care of myself let alone the flat.

I had also self harmed quite badly with open gashes on my arm so the police took me away to seek medical aid. I was distraught over not knowing where my housemate was and also became really paranoid I was being taken away as a murder suspect!

Despite constant reassurance from the police I wasn't.

I dont know what my blood alcohol was but it was so high they wouldnt let me leave and took me to a local station to decide what to do with me, again I was constantly worried I was under arrest and even accused them of tricking me.

I was in a hell of a state. Eventually they did bring me home, obviously no charges because I wasnt a suspect they were just concerned for me. But it didnt stop me saying stupid things. And now I'm worried they might come back even though i can't see theyd have reason to.

My housemate eventually returned, the police came over to make sure she was ok and I imagine thats the end of it.

But my depression makes me a bit paranoid so now I'm going to spend days in an anxiety state convinced the police are going to arrest me for wasting time.

I doubt they will and in truth I probably wont hear from them again. But the whole mess has left me severely shaken, I was in tears and having a mild panic attack at the station. And my housemate is angry I over reacted so much and involved the law.

I've made a right mess.
Old 01-21-2016, 04:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Drama Student

I'm sorry all that happened. I wouldn't worry about you been arrested again for wasting police time - they would have done it there and then if they were goign to, I think.

What I think you do need to be worried about is staying sober.
This must be a huge wake up call.

Have you thought about how you might do that this time? any plan?

D
Old 01-21-2016, 04:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

One of the best things I have received from my getting sober is to not have wonky, crazy, bizzario things happen to me anymore. It doesn't mean that life doesn't happen; it does. But it doesn't have the drama that it did before. Life will continue to be messy as long as you drink. Glad you are here and I hope you give sobriety a try. You have to want sobriety....really really want it...not to just take a break from the negative drinking consequences....but to really want to change your life for the positive....for good. Once you have this level of desperation for life you will be willing to do whatever you need to do in order to not pick up a drink....no matter what.