Notices

Binge eating

Old 01-21-2016, 03:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Binge eating

I'm struggling tonight guys, it's now at the point where I need to take action and stop the daily bingeing. I've quit cigarettes and alcohol, surely I can do this??

I've been bingeing every night for the last few months and I'm sick of it now.

My head is telling me to brush my teeth and go to bed then tomorrow get rid of all the sugary fatty foods in my house and start immediately with healthier habits. Problem is, I've been saying that for a long while now and usually by about midday tomorrow I'll be plotting the trip to the shop to buy more. How do I get off this train destined for more misery?

I've had enough, I want to stop now. Why is this so tough?
Old 01-21-2016, 03:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
mav
just keep swimming

When you swap your diet, make sure you're eating the right sorts of stuff. Protein Will fill you up and help you avoid the snacky junk. You may like to avoid carbs (white bread,potatoes etc.) for a while as they'll sap your energy. Fwiw you can eat "boring" food that tastes really good... It just needs a bit of planning!
Old 01-21-2016, 04:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I usually munch on nuts or jerky,protein so it sticks with you better but high in salt which is what I usually crave,not the best but better than chips😊
Old 01-21-2016, 04:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I found that by completely overhauling my life it was easier for me this time. I currently live like a combination monk/navy seal and it is this extreme discipline which has helped me the most. My commitment to my health and vanity has managed to reinforce my commitment to not drink. When you wake up at 4:30 AM to do an hour of cardio, eat Paleo all day, go to gym for a second time during lunch hour to lift weights - it is way easier to not even think about throwing 1000-1500 baddest of the bad calories down your throat via booze. Granted I have only stopped drinking for 34 days at this point and was reasonably good about other health prior.
Old 01-21-2016, 04:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I had to train myself to move onto fruits and nuts Stewy - I not only eat less now but I eat way less crap.

D
Old 01-22-2016, 07:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I tried to start up again today and have already failed miserably!

Hard work this
Old 01-22-2016, 08:26 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stewy84 View Post
I tried to start up again today and have already failed miserably! Hard work this
Did you look into that book I recommended?
Old 01-22-2016, 12:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

Buy some veg like carrots, broccoli & buy some chicken its a really nice meal and will keep you from binging

I think a big healthy breakfast helps like special k with banana or apples/berries or some other low fat breakfast & dinner recipes

You can do this Stewy
Old 01-22-2016, 12:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Stewy, just wanted to say you're not alone. I can't seem to stop eating some days (it's replacing alcohol it seems), and I keep promising myself once again that I'll quit (binge eating) tomorrow!

It's So hard. Sad thing is one of the reasons I quit drinking is because I wanted to get fit again and lose the extra weight.
And I've gained weight in the 7 weeks I've been sober!

Hope you can get control of it, I'm going to try again tomorrow, lol.
Old 01-22-2016, 01:13 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Have you tried green smoothies? I know drinking a really big green smoothie in the afternoon keeps me from snacking like crazy.
Old 01-22-2016, 03:06 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I just want everyone to know that I'm genuinely a bit stranded with this issue and appreciate all your advice and for taking time to reply to me.

I genuinely feel a bit stupid or thick for having more of these issues like I'm low intelligence or something.

To be free from these addictions would be a huge step for me
Old 01-22-2016, 03:10 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

It's not stupid or thick, Stewy. Many people struggle with binge eating. Food is understandably rewarding to us. This is something you can rein in. Switching out junk foods to healthier ones is a step in the direction of getting back to healthier eating. Plus, when you eat adequate amounts of fats and proteins, you won't want to binge as much.

Lean meats (protein), nuts (fat), avocados (fat), fruits (sugar). Try those.