Just checking in

Old 01-21-2016, 08:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just checking in

Hey everybody,

I just wanted to check in since it's been a while since I was here. My AB went to rehab in another state (4th attempt) after an intense relapse in October. We've been slowly increasing our communication over the last few months since he's been there. He's been working through a 6 month inpatient to IOP step-down treatment program, working through AA steps with a sponsor, and he's got a job and making plans/progress on repairing his finances. He came home to visit for a few days this week, and it was really nice. We worked around our house, worked in the yard, cooked dinner, and spent some time out in town getting food, movies, met up with friends, etc. And of course he went to a local AA meeting every day he was here.

In the time since he's been gone, I've been working on myself as well and accomplishing quite a bit. I've completed my master's degree (finally after 5 years!), started a great new job, made some new friends and strengthened some old ones, and have been planning and making progress on getting my own finances under control. I purchased a house this year (although he helped with the process a lot) and I'm generally getting my grown-up life together you might say.

Anyway, I'm proud for getting and keeping myself on track this last year despite all the bumps along the road, especially toward the end of the year. I'm happy that I'm in a good place for my career, I'm making progress on my own goals. And I'm proud of my guy for doing what he's done so far. For his sake I hope he can maintain it, after all 3 months isn't nothing, but it's really just a start.

Just wanted to share where I am at the moment. I hope 2016 is going as well for the rest of you out there

Cheers,
JD
Old 01-23-2016, 04:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

JD, that's good news and I am glad you are both working on your own recoveries. The healthier you each get, the healthier your relationship will be.

Thanks for checking in and I hope 2016 is a wonderful year for you too.

Hugs
Old 01-23-2016, 08:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ahh, that's great JD. Thanks so very much for posting some good news; it is so good to hear.

I love this >>>> "after all 3 months isn't nothing, but it's really just a start. "

This is so true. 3 months is huge and at the same time it is just beginning.

May many good things come your way in 2016!