Notices

Feeling sick, seeking advice...

Old 01-18-2016, 02:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling sick, seeking advice...

Hi everyone, Happy day on another day sober everyone...
Im on day four, I was horribly sick and i started feeling better yesterday, I woke up okay but all of a sudden I am so nauseated and aching and such a bad headache and gloomy. I made plans for errands today but now I am bed ridden again. Ive been 4 days sober before (after a relapse) but didnt feel this sick. I know im going to throw up soon. Is this normal? Last night I was better and making plans for my week to get back to life. Im praying I get better because I have something important that I just cant miss for the next three days. Just feel so sick, not enough to go to the hospital but the sudden sickness worries me, also is it bad to drink coffee during withdrawals?My muscle spasms are kind of starting up again... Thank you everyone!❤💚💜💙💛
Old 01-18-2016, 02:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Ladyluck, It was my experience that each withdrawal was a bit worse than the last, so maybe this one is a bit harder than previous. But, it could be something unrelated? I hope you feel better soon!
Old 01-18-2016, 02:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi ladyluck, don't be afraid to get any help medically if you need to, withdrawals can be rather unpredictable and happen fast.

I would think avoiding anything that can give you the jitters would be good... maybe just stay hydrated.
Old 01-18-2016, 02:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Kindling effect I would say. I also support the advice of seeking medical attention; alcohol withdrawal isn't anything to mess with. Coffee on a recovering stomach that has been nailed with so much alcohol might be challenging on the stomach although coffee makes everything better in my world Try to get something nutritious in you too. The body will need to be replenished of all of those vitamins and nutrients that it hasn't been getting. Stay strong!
Old 01-19-2016, 09:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats on day 4
Old 01-19-2016, 10:04 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Alcohol withdrawal is some nasty stuff and can be fatal. As other have said each withdrawal is worse than the one before. Be careful this is not something to take lightly