Notices

Realization

Old 01-17-2016, 01:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Realization

Tried to drink again... Led to 3 weeks no sleep and one night of crack . I now have lung pain and breathing issues . Worried but people say I will recover and will get better. They say what I did is nothing ( was sober 3 years). Any opinions, I should recover as long as I don't go back? Been sober 3 days now and not looking back.
Old 01-17-2016, 01:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Gemz!!

You'll find loads of support here on SR, though might be worthwhile to give you some piece of mind checking in with a Dr, just to be sure on everything.

Great to have you onboard!!
Old 01-17-2016, 01:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. Do you have a sobriety plan in place to prevent this from happening again? I saw a counselor as well as daily visits to this site.

I hope our support can help you stay sober.
Old 01-17-2016, 01:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Afraid to tell the drs cause of judgement and being put on a hospital drug list. Had a CBC blood test and was good. Joining a group.
Old 01-17-2016, 02:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Gemz

I think you should see a Dr if you're in pain.

Maybe it works differently wherever you are, but I'm not sure why you would be put on a drug list unless there's a history there you haven't mentioned.

I should recover as long as I don't go back?
I think you'll certainly feel better

I had to do a little more than just stay abstinent tho.

What do you think made you drink again after 3 years?

D
Old 01-17-2016, 02:48 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

... tried to drink again ...

Some CAN, Some (like ME) ... CAN'T

If you have PROVEN you are like me and CAN'T drink safely and/or responsibly ... there is this WONDERFUL way of Living Life on Life's Terms - SOBER.

Working the 12 Steps of AA changed my life and transformed me in a way I could NOT have pre-determined or imagined. I found out I could not fix my Spiritually Diseased Self with my Spiritually Diseased Self.

RDBplus3 ... Happy, Joyous and FREE ... and I KNOW U can B 2
Old 01-17-2016, 02:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Wife father died and I was recovering from a brain injury 6 years back. Too much stress. Dr gave me antibiotics for a possible lung infection cause I was out in the cold. I'm fairly new to crack. Is 100$ cdn so so about 30 hoots in 2 hours a lung killer. I had a lung ct this yr cause of concrete work and lungs were nice. In your opinion did I just **** my body off? I'm joining a group anonymouly. You guys r my second help. Canada is hard to get help without judgement. Can I have "crack lung"?
Old 01-17-2016, 05:19 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Can't find edit but wanted to say I appreciate the warm welcoming. Is there anyone else who has had my two addiction demons? If I may ask. As I read and as my wife says I should recover nice. Just need to keep the help I gained. Others have done more and longer than me and have come out fine look at Charlie sheen. Humour I guess. Lol
Old 01-17-2016, 05:41 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

No one can diagnose your medical issues here Gemz - you're going to have to see a Dr for that.

I was addicted to weed as well as alcohol. A lot of us have multiple addictions.

D