Notices

Our AV and the games it plays

Old 01-12-2016, 06:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Our AV and the games it plays

This to me is more about being mindful, I am going to any and all lengths to stay sober and it's working, I am very much aware of my AV, two weeks ago due to poor weather conditions my AV tried to tell me the roads were not safe enough to attend a meeting with my addictions counselor, I said BS, I have driven in far worse conditions to get beer so what is the real issue, I went and everything was fine.

I have been on a waiting list since December to get into a intensive treatment program that deals with feelings and emotions, in my case to mainly deal with these as it relates to my PTSD issues on forgiving myself and yes I am currently seeing a health professional however this program goes about it another way and I really want to lay this issue to rest, so any resource that is available, I look into it.

So my Appointment was late Feb, long waiting list however I told them I would take any cancellation, they called 30 min ago and the AV woke up as we have a big snow storm coming tomorrow, god the fear it tried to put in my head as it's a bit of a drive was really strong but getting this help is very important to me and I once again reflected on storms I have driven in, over 35 years of driving and not one accident, I said yes I will be there.

The P/O AV went back to sulking

The point of my post is when we make changes and follow a plan, our AV can be very cunning and smart, it may know tactics it used in the past may not have any effect on us today so it tries everything, I believe in my case it will someday give up but I will always be mindful that it is still there and watch closely decisions I make.

Have a great day
Andrew
Old 01-12-2016, 06:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Andrew. Yesterday my AV told me that SR was putting thoughts of drinking in my head. That voice is evil.
Old 01-12-2016, 06:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

Nice shootin' there, ALinNS. That is some powerful recognition juju you have. It seems like a struggle at first, but it can really help to understand the magnitude of your achievement in this. This is hard, no doubt about it, and you are doing just great. Truly. Well done.
Old 01-12-2016, 06:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

I have found that anything my AV finds upsetting has an extraordinarily high probability of being the best thing for me to do.
Old 01-12-2016, 06:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nonsensical View Post

I have found that anything my AV finds upsetting has an extraordinarily high probability of being the best thing for me to do.
And as your tag line states I am the storm, the perfect storm comes to mind, not being over confident but taking this far more serious than I have in the past while making sure things around me are given time and taken care of as well, GF, walks, dog etc. It's about focus and balance for me.
Old 01-12-2016, 09:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Great job on pushing through Andrew!!
Old 01-12-2016, 11:07 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I am impressed. Good on you.
Old 01-12-2016, 11:14 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Love this post Andrew, thank you!
Old 01-12-2016, 11:19 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Well done!! My AV tries to convince me of all kind of stuff I know is not right and most of the time I reach out to the things that will redirect me but not always. Its very admirable to push past those troubling thoughts and do what is good for you. Major props. John
Old 01-12-2016, 12:24 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Do your best

Crush the AV at any time it rises its ugly head I find gratitude to be a most serious tool in crushing the AV

Congrats