Notices

Another Nightmare

Old 01-08-2016, 06:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
C23
Resident Awesome Guy

Another Nightmare

Good golly...that stunk!

Had a pretty stressful day and didn't think of drinking once. I think this was my AV's way of subconsciously letting me know it is still there and if I had drank, everything would have just went away....screw that! Going on 75 days and getting stronger every day!
Old 01-08-2016, 06:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

They come and go.

I sent my significant other a message this morning, I realize we all dream every night but it's rare I remember them, anyhow last night we were working in a candy factory, quality control and we could not stop laughing, my god we were having fun, but in my case when Penny and I are together that is pretty much what happens anyhow, walking, cooking, canoeing we are always laughing, very blessed.

I take bad dreams in stride, I don't recall alcohol being in any of them, it is pretty much always traumatic events from the past I had no control over.

Getting help for these events seems to have stopped them somehow.
Old 01-08-2016, 06:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by C23 View Post
Good golly...that stunk!

Had a pretty stressful day and didn't think of drinking once. I think this was my AV's way of subconsciously letting me know it is still there and if I had drank, everything would have just went away....screw that! Going on 75 days and getting stronger every day!
Way to go on 75 days
Old 01-08-2016, 07:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congats on 75 days! You are awesome inspiration.
Old 01-08-2016, 07:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
C23
Resident Awesome Guy

I did a dream explanation site online. WOW!!!!

1. Dreaming of death or dying may symbolize a phase in your life has come to an end and something new is beginning.
It May represent that some phase say an hobby or some routine work which we do or any aspect which is involved in our day to day life has come to an end and we are missing it.
2. May symbolize overcoming a bad habit or behavior.
If the Dreamer wants to stop a Bad habit or behavior for a long tenure and suddenly some random act of some incident in their life gives chill in the pit of the Stomach and affects physiologically and decides to stop the bad habit immediately may have the dream of dying the old him
3. May represent the end of a relationship.
If in the Dream, the Dreamer is alive and see someone who is close is dying is interpreted that their part in the Dreamers life is changed and it’s hard for Dreamer to move on. Say a Relationship break up or the negligence of someone close due to their busy schedule or the change in behavior or a movement in geographical Location, or the emotional connectivity end.
Old 01-08-2016, 07:32 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm on sober day 4. Had a dream last night that friends and family were throwing me into a rehab jail because of my poor work performance. (Nothing ever came close to that, but my work has been suffering for about 2 years). I woke up feeling shaken, and so thankful NOT to be hungover. I actually kind of liked the dream..it was like A Christmas Carol "ghost of Christmas future" lesson.

I'm worried about getting through my first sober weekend though.
Old 01-08-2016, 07:32 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on 75 days sober.

I think our dreams can tell us a lot about ourselves.
Old 01-08-2016, 08:00 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Wow, indeed. That sounds smack on.
Old 01-08-2016, 08:04 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Seep, there is a meeting tonight at 9 est in the chat room. Some of us newbies are planning to inhabit the chat room this weekend. Please join us.