Notices

day 2

Old 01-08-2016, 04:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day 2

Day 2 here, been here before but I do feel strong right now ... i know this won't last so I've been doing some reading I. E surfing the cravings (think that's what it's called) been reading a lot of posts etc and generally staying focused.
I don't think I'm physically addicted yet I haven't really had any symptoms.
This is my second day off work. My cold / chest infection seems a little better .... amazing what a night off drinking / smoking can do....
I probably could have gone to work but I just feel the need to be by myself ( I think they call it procrastination) anyway I may post again later I need to stick to this site. I was supposed to go to an on line smart meeting last night but I got side tracked on the live chat rooms here ..... Thank you to you guys if you read this you really made me smile
Old 01-08-2016, 04:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulations, it gets easier, we do hit some speed bumps but I find staying close to this forum, online AA, reading material and professional help is helping me beyond any experience in the past, it's a rough journey but my god it's worth it.

Wishing you the best
Andrew
Old 01-08-2016, 07:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Congrats on Day 2, hope your cold gets better soon. Sounds like you are doing a lot of the right things too - stay around sober people and spend time here on SR. If you are planning on the smart meetings I'd recommend making time for that too, it's always good to get exposure to as much support as possible. Hang in there, you are doing great!
Old 01-08-2016, 07:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Adelina, I'm glad your cold is beginning to improve. And, good job on Day 2. Hang in there, keep reading and posting, and you can do this!