Notices

Affair

Old 01-07-2016, 01:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Affair

I just found out my husband is having an affair. We are going to separate. I can't breathe and feel like I am drowning. It's everything I can do to not pick up a drink.
Old 01-07-2016, 01:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oh my goodness! What a brutal thing to find out. Sending you a cyber-hug!
Old 01-07-2016, 01:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
JD
You're not shackled to not drinking, you're free from drinking

That's awful. But you know drinking isn't going to make anything better.
Old 01-07-2016, 02:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really sorry Kamm. Please don't compound this awful situation by drinking. Stay with us. Let us help.

D
Old 01-07-2016, 02:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I want to forget everything. Just for tonight. I quit my career to be with him and we have a young child. What the hell do I do now?
Old 01-07-2016, 02:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Try not to panic - you don;t need to solve anything tonight.
Be with and focus on your child - they need their mom.

The AV will be very persuasive but forgetting tonight is not any good to you - you'll remember again tomorrow morning and have the added shame and guilt from drinking.

D
Old 01-07-2016, 02:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I really feel for you, phone a close friend and vent, unfortunately I know what you are going through, was married 24 years 11 months, wasn't perfect but she had joined this church group, ended up being a cult, I arrive from a business trip to be greeted at the door, our kids were in the background, she sat us down and said she had been sleeping with one of the pastors for 8 months and wanted a divorce, I didn't know what to say, everything she said after that did not register. To this day I find it strange I never touched a drop for almost two years, I had full custody.

Except for my current partner I haven't had the best loyalty from relationships, a little over a year ago I was dating someone, we were in love yet her neighbor calls me crying one Friday evening saying the nights I wasn't there she(my girlfriend) had other men over for the night, I was WTF???? I asked her about it and she said yes when I drink too much that does happen.....haven't talked to her since.

Tough world out there but I do know booze has never solved a problem for me yet or anyone else I have spoken to. I do wish you the very best as what you are going through just isn't fair.
Old 01-07-2016, 02:21 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I am so very sorry, Kamm.

Drinking won't solve anything and will ultimately make you feel awful.

Stay with us.
Old 01-07-2016, 02:32 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Kamm - I know this is so tough to hear but try to stay strong and not drink..for you and your child.
Old 01-07-2016, 03:14 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Kamm, I am so sorry you're going through this.

Stay strong and keep a clear head and you will find your way through things. There will be time to figure out how to get back into the work world and to manage things, but for now, just be kind to yourself and try to get some rest.
Old 01-07-2016, 03:23 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm sorry this is happening to you. Please don't drink. That will only make things worse.
Old 01-07-2016, 03:27 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi Kamm,

I am so sorry, do you have any close friends or family nearby that you can call?
Old 01-07-2016, 03:29 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
You can have reasons, or you can have results, but you can't have both.

I'm so sorry. I've been through this, too.

I let my loser drive me to drink. Don't give yours that power. Whatever he has taken, draw the line and don't let him take any more.

A bright future is ahead if you take care of yourself first. Don't let this cause you to drink. If you get through this without drinking, what can threaten you?

This is like the ninth inning. Play to win. This weak-willed person who could not control his lizard brain is nothing compared to you. He will fall again and again. But you're strong, and you will move up to even higher levels without him.

Don't drink.
Old 01-07-2016, 03:33 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

What a painful hit you just took! Oh man...I'm so sorry. I certainly understand the urge to annhilate yourself with alcohol...but what will that do? Absolutely nothing. You will come to...and the upset will still be there with a self flaggelating hangover to boot!
You DO need to do something though. Call a friend as suggested. BREATHE IN AND BREATHE OUT....just keep taking sober breaths. Keep posting and reading here. Ride this out...build the muscle.

Don't let the arseh*ole take your sobriety too! DON'T
Old 01-07-2016, 04:08 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Kamm - I'm sorry for the pain you're feeling. We understand being tempted, but instead of calming you it'll only make things more awful. Your anxiety will increase. Please hold on to your precious sobriety. I'm glad you started this thread & wanted to talk about what's going on - we want to help.
Old 01-07-2016, 05:21 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry to hear this. You don't deserve this. Please don't drink, drinking won't make you forget drinking will only amplify your feelings and make you more hurt and more angry.
As hard as it is now as dark as this moment seems you will get through it. We always do.
The best thing you can do is to stay sober and live an amazing sober life without him, Show him you are better without him,
know it's hard and it will take time but you can do it I believe in you.
Old 01-07-2016, 06:07 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

(((((Kamm))))) I'm so very sorry

Staying sober will keep you strong! Keeping a clear head right now is the best you can do for yourself and your child.
Old 01-07-2016, 06:12 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

first hugs. and ditto everything up above. Please don't drink, you are going through some serious pain and drinking will only make it worse. Who knows what could happen? You can now rebuild your life stronger than ever. You are a tiger.
Old 01-07-2016, 06:39 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Jamming, please don't drink. He isn't worth it trust me. Been there done it. Drinking will only make it worse!
Hugs dear
Old 01-07-2016, 07:18 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Sorry Kamm Wasn't wearing my glasses