Notices

2 weeks sober

Old 01-06-2016, 02:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

2 weeks sober

hello

been sober two weeks still not feeling real and wonder if anyone else has this...

when I wake up im soooooooooo tired ! then I get up and get going and Ill feel whoozy for a bit have to lay down get some water in me and such.

Still feeling unreal and floaty and wondering if at times im in ' real life'

Wondering if this gets better??

Anyone else have this???
Old 01-06-2016, 02:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Aquatundra. You'll find a ton of support here. I think the early days are a bit different for everybody. Everyone's body reacts differently to cleaning itself out and the reaction depends on how much and long you've been drinking.

If you feel like something's just not right, might be best to check in with a doctor.

Bottom line is it definitely gets better. Without a doubt, it gets much better.

Hang in there and congratulations on 2 weeks!
Old 01-06-2016, 03:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yep--I slept a ton once I got through the first insomnia.
I was also very fuzzy headed and had trouble making decisions
and thinking clearly.

I think it was all part of healing process for me and it got much better.
Hang in there
Old 01-06-2016, 04:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I know that feeling all too well. Your not sure if it's a dream or reality and feel floaty, I totally get what you mean. My longest sober stint was 2 months this year and I remember it took a good month for that feeling to pass. Hang in there the good times are coming!
Old 01-06-2016, 06:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Give yourself more sober time to heal your body and brain. Eat well, exercise, and get good rest. If it persists or gets worse, see your doctor.

Congrats on two weeks sober.
Old 01-06-2016, 07:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Aquatundra

I wouldn't say that was inconsistent with my experience - things got progressively better over 90 days - but for any real answers to out your mind at rest you really need to see a Dr I think?

welcome to SR

D
Old 01-06-2016, 07:49 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

gratz on the 2 weeks
Old 01-06-2016, 07:51 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
now's the time

That feeling of unreality happened a lot in my first month. Almost always actually. Now at six months it still comes and goes, but it's far less frequent. Same with fatigue.

Congratulations on 2 weeks!
Old 01-06-2016, 08:17 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I am glad you are here. Please come back and get support here. We will be here for you when you are in need. Wishing you the best, John
Old 01-06-2016, 08:18 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks guys !

It has gotten better ...actually right after I wrote my post I just had 3 hours of rest the kind that felt as if I had taken a bunch of benadryl or something. Feeling much better.

I worry though how long this feeling normal-ish feeling will last.

When you all have said you had that feeling at times were you scared and had huge panic attacks??
Old 01-06-2016, 08:22 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
now's the time

Not panic attacks, but a lot of anxiety, yes. I'd get really worked up and over emotional sometimes. Still do! But less and less. Just remember your brain chemistry is going kind of nuts right now... try to just breath and remember that every hour and day you don't drink, your brain is healing and this stuff will fade away. It WILL pass. And with time it'll come less often and pass faster.
Old 01-06-2016, 08:23 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I did and sometimes still do. But coming here gives me encouragement and hope. The panic attacks are terrible but they can be managed. I find that coming here when I am scared and falling apart is a godsend. If you can, meetings are great also but I know they are not for everyone. Best wishes. John
Old 01-06-2016, 08:39 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
~sb

Congratulations on 2 weeks!!

I felt the same as you and continued to have some changes in early sobriety. We think we're just drinking for a good time....then we get sober and realized how fuzzy we really were when we drank and how we got used to it!

It gets better! Eat well, exercise, drink water and learn to live a sober life, you deserve it! A sober life is amazing!!!!
Old 01-06-2016, 08:58 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I def am excited to hear this from you guys!

I am ready to be sober ..sober this time.

My whole life I have jumped form one thing to another.

I used to be addicted to pills and honestly not that either are good the pill withdrawls I'd take over these mental issues im having.

But yes thank you all =)
Old 01-06-2016, 09:22 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

28 days sober. I'm finally sleeping better. I starting to get up at a decent hour. I never wake up hung over but at about two or three week I felt like I had a mild hangover. My mind was real sharp at one week then at two weeks it seemed kinda fuzzy. My mind still feels fuzzy. It seems I have trouble remembering names, direction and just forgetting little things. It seems to slowly be improving.

I had a few days of anxiety at around 2 to 3 weeks. I have no idea why. It was gone when I woke up the next. Lately I have been felling very confidant and in control, probably overly so. I think it just my emotions trying to come into balance without alcohol.
Old 01-06-2016, 09:42 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

glad to hear that!

yeah everything is bright too sometimes ever get that??
Old 01-06-2016, 11:24 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Aquatundra, yes. To some extent I've been drinking since my teens. I think it dulled many things.
Old 01-06-2016, 11:33 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Aquatundra View Post
Thanks guys ! It has gotten better ...actually right after I wrote my post I just had 3 hours of rest the kind that felt as if I had taken a bunch of benadryl or something. Feeling much better. I worry though how long this feeling normal-ish feeling will last. When you all have said you had that feeling at times were you scared and had huge panic attacks??
I slept a lot in the beginning. My anxiety increased but I worked through it with my therapist. Exercise helped too. Bottom line: be good to yourself. Find healthy ways to relax: take a shower or a bath before bed, drink camomile tea, mediate, journal, talk to someone you trust in your support group. Give yourself some sober time and your body will heal. It really does get better.
Old 01-06-2016, 11:42 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Congrats on two weeks!

I was all over the map my first sober months. Happy, sad, energized, tired crabby, elated you name it. It takes time for your brain and body to heal. Keep up the sobriety and things wil get much much better.

If any feelings or symptoms are unsettling to you, go get checked out with a doc.

Welcome to the sober world!
Old 01-07-2016, 05:08 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Yes, I feel the same way every morning, hoping it gets better with more sober time. Make sure you are eating healthy, drinking plenty of water, and getting a bit of exercise & fresh air.

Congrats on 2 weeks!