Notices

Day 1 Again sigh

Old 01-06-2016, 11:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 1 Again sigh

Once again starting at day zero, I got horrible news from work (i didnt lose my job) but it just broke my heart so yeah... I feel ashamed for letting you guys down this freaking AV is way to strong atleast I have my first treatment appointments on the 8th, ill tell them i tried my best to abstain and went 8 days which is the longest in years but I couldn't go longer. I dont even know what to say I feel so horrible
Old 01-06-2016, 11:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Don't beat yourself up DT, instead get a plan together, and push forward!!

For me good intentions, hoping, trying never really worked instead I needed a plan of action in place, revolutionise my decision making, the activities I got involved in, the people I hung out with, Sober tools in the toolbox for stressful situations, and a ton of daily support to keep me focused on the task at hand.

I went round and round the drinking merry-go-round for a long time, mostly due to not changing anything, and from experience, nothing changes if nothing changes!!

You can do this!!
Old 01-06-2016, 11:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

lets hope
Old 01-06-2016, 11:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Don't give up. And don't let your past actions dictate how you feel about going FORWARD with your recovery.

Thanks for being here on SR. Needed to read your post today.
Old 01-06-2016, 12:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

@findingtheway thats very sweet, your post has inspired me to do better and made me realize I am an idiot and will succumb to alcohol if I do not change my ways
Old 01-06-2016, 12:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Don't give up DT.

It doesn't matter how many times we fall, it's how many times we get back up.
There are people here who will always help you back up.

Stay strong.
Old 01-06-2016, 12:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You are not an idiot! And you have not let anyone here down!

You are simply an addict setting out on that challenging path to sobriety.

Make a plan. Stick to it. And let some of the experienced members here support and guide you. The only person you really risk letting down at the end of the day is yourself. Period.

I myself had about 10 day 1s in 2 weeks! I then finally found my wings and am now at day 60. The first week or so is tough. But it does get easier.

Good luck
Old 01-06-2016, 12:36 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

thank you all for your support, to be honest right now, realizing i messed up i just want to drink more and get this one day/night over with then start fresh which is probably a very bad idea
Old 01-06-2016, 12:55 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
C23
Resident Awesome Guy

Originally Posted by dttttttt View Post
thank you all for your support, to be honest right now, realizing i messed up i just want to drink more and get this one day/night over with then start fresh which is probably a very bad idea
Play the tape forward! If you drink, do you really think you will feel better? Will you really get a fresh start or will you be right back where you are right now and possibly worse off? I knew I was finally ready to quit when I changed the same exact thinking you are having right now to realizing the only way to get away from drinking was to suffer for a bit, grin and bear it, and realize that it was only going to get better.

You can do this!
Old 01-06-2016, 01:07 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope you can stay sober this time.
Old 01-06-2016, 01:14 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

You can do it Dttttttt. You did it 8 days....don't let that one bad day stop you.
Old 01-06-2016, 01:19 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

DT - you stumbled and fell - now dust yourself off and get back up.

Like Purpleknight said, getting a plan in place will help you to stay accountable and help you when the curveballs get thrown at you.

You can do this!
Old 01-06-2016, 09:19 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

There are lots of us that have started over again with the start of a new year. January 1st was my Day one again, just finishing up day six, and planning on making it stick. I have a good buddy that I met on SR and we have made a pact to do this together. It helps to have someone to check in with.
Old 01-06-2016, 10:25 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

this freaking AV is way to strong
It's really not, but we can convince ourselves it is

The AV is all impulse - it has no brain - it has no legs no arms no mouth to go and buy the booze and drink it...

it needs our cooperation - our arms, our legs, our mouth our brain - every step of the way.

The day I realised I didn't have to cooperate I really started getting somewhere.

Sure, a part of you will be very ticked off and may even throw a little tantrum when it realises it's not going to get its fix...

but the tantrum will stop, and the more you face your AV and stare it down, the weaker it will get dttttttt - I promise

D
Old 01-07-2016, 03:07 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I found I needed to find a way to get past failure inertia... It always seems to help knowing someone understands and that they wish you well ... You're not alone... But some peace and quiet can sure come in handy too...