Notices

Head hurts

Old 01-05-2016, 04:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Head hurts

This has to be my final straw. My head hurts.....called into work......will be alone today so I am going to make a plan. I need to pick the big book back up. I am going to go try my damnedest to go to a meeting. But I do have to work from home today 😟 until then, going to eat some cereal and go back to bed..... Thanks for listening (reading) guys....
Old 01-05-2016, 04:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Don't "try" to get to a meeting today Jillian, make it your plan to get to a meeting no matter what. You can absolutely do this but you have to put forth the effort and take the appropriate actions. Hope your head feels better soon!
Old 01-05-2016, 04:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I knew someone was going to come back with that comment.....thing is we are super busy at work....but you are right....work can wait I guess
Old 01-05-2016, 04:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good stuff Jillian let us know how it goes
Old 01-05-2016, 05:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Perhaps we are at different stages, in my case nothing on the face of this earth is more important to Andrew than staying sober. In my case I would use anything to avoid meetings that could help me but mainly work, thing is the work will always be there. I didn't play the tape through, if I stopped my plan I would relapse and that is what happened. to me it's about balance and priorities. For example I walk my dog every morning and evening and sometimes in the afternoon, this morning it's -15, great reason to not go for a walk right? No its not a good reason in my case as I have ton's of cold weather gear and we are heading out shortly, it's for both of us to get exercise but for me being outside I am at peace and I think we could all use a dose of peace.

Kind of the same thing with meetings, I learn something from every one, I take what I think will work for Andrew and leave the rest at the door, I say that because our AV will go to any length to talk us out of getting support and help, if I take home things I do not agree with, my AV will use that as power to not go back, same with online meetings, my research and readings and even these forums. I stay positive and take any power away from it that I can.

All the best
Andrew
Old 01-05-2016, 06:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Jillian2563 View Post
I knew someone was going to come back with that comment.....thing is we are super busy at work....but you are right....work can wait I guess
Decide for yourself...is work more important or a one-hour meeting? Just like anything in life, your success in sobriety is directly related to the amount of time and effort you are willing to spend on it.
Old 01-05-2016, 06:29 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
You can have reasons, or you can have results, but you can't have both.

Drink lots, and I do mean LOTS, of water. Personally, I hate the stuff. But my most recent awful hangover was at a friend's house, and he made me down about 40 oz of water within my first waking hour, and it helped.
Old 01-05-2016, 08:07 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You can do this Jillian!!
Old 01-05-2016, 09:59 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for your support. I do feel better now that I've had water, fresh apple juice I juiced myself, and some lunch. I knew yesterday that I should've just toughed it out during my urge, but I didn't. I know where I went wrong, I fought back but my AV won, more than likely because I didn't have plan!
Old 01-06-2016, 03:58 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Just a checking in. Sober, day 2. This is usually where I screw up since the new pattern. But not today. I will remain sober, one day at a time.
Old 01-06-2016, 04:10 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jillian2563 View Post
Just a checking in. Sober, day 2. This is usually where I screw up since the new pattern. But not today. I will remain sober, one day at a time.
Gret that you are sober this morning, I am a believer a plan helps us stay sober for good, to me it's like a road map, I know where I am, I know where I want to go (stay sober) how do I get there and what do I have to do, no short cuts as they have i my case taken me back to the start and stay on the road, side roads always take me back to the start. You can beat that AV and come back here when it goes off and we will help you.

All the best
Andrew
Old 01-06-2016, 09:24 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Sage council from Master Jedi Yoda:

“Do or do not… there is no try.”

When you tell yourself and/or someone else that you will try you are in my experience more likely to give up or just stop when the first obstacle shows up.
Old 01-11-2016, 10:51 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Seeing how the new Star War's is out , I'll make a Reference. Per Yoda , "There is no try , there is only Do or Do Not". And no , I have not made a meeting myself, but will have to in the near future...
Old 01-11-2016, 12:04 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nofearnobeer View Post
Seeing how the new Star War's is out , I'll make a Reference. Per Yoda , "There is no try , there is only Do or Do Not". And no , I have not made a meeting myself, but will have to in the near future...
Glad you are back!
Old 01-11-2016, 12:17 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberinSyracuse View Post
Drink lots, and I do mean LOTS, of water. Personally, I hate the stuff. But my most recent awful hangover was at a friend's house, and he made me down about 40 oz of water within my first waking hour, and it helped.
I like Pedialtyle better for dehydration. Partly because it has some kind of taste to it... and it has a lot of electrolytes and sodium that get depleted from drinking.

But I agree hydration is key.