Notices

loose everything or stop.

Old 01-01-2016, 12:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

loose everything or stop.

Hello,

I am a 21 year old binge drinker, i what your thinking 21 years old? thats just normal teen drinking. Well ive been drinking like this since ive been 12/13. I come from a good working class background with lots off support full and loving family. My father is a alcoholic but lives himself. I have been brought up watching my father drinking and drinking with him, i think this is why i deemed my drinking normal. Well right now i went black out drunk last night got in a fight that was serious and its taking everyone ready to fall out with me if i dont stop now.

I have chronic anxiety daily, and hungover paranoid (the whole worlds going to end for me) kind off thoughts. I have already looked into our local AA groups and i am ready to commit. Im going to approach my local gp aswell.

My drinking is strange i work all week not wanting to drink but friday comes and its like a over whelming compulsion like i have no choice. My full intention is to get as physically ****** up as possible, taking down everyone around me not a care in the world. Ive lost so many freinds and now im loosing family. Please offer your thoughts and advice
Old 01-01-2016, 12:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi KevF welcome to SR really wise decision to commit to sobriety I'm 33 I gave up at 31

Welcome to the community
Old 01-01-2016, 12:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sounds really scary, kevf11 . You will find lots of support to stop drinking here and at AA.

That paranoia and crippling anxiety will go away with continued sobriety, but it's going to be difficult at first. Just don't pick up a drink today.

Go to bed sober tonight.
Old 01-01-2016, 12:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
JD
You're not shackled to not drinking, you're free from drinking

Welcome kev. You're making a good choice. Most of that anxiety is most likely due to the alcohol. It'll get better with sobriety.
Old 01-01-2016, 12:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
Hi KevF welcome to SR really wise decision to commit to sobriety I'm 33 I gave up at 31

Welcome to the community
thanks for the warm welcome.
Old 01-01-2016, 12:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Kev!!

Sounds like your drinking is causing some real problems in your life, for me when I realised alcohol was causing soo much misery, regardless of whether my drinking was heavier binges at the weekend or not, it was still time to make a change.

I wouldn't worry about age, a decade of drinking is still a decade, my drinking escalated in my mid 20s and finally knocked it on the head when I reached 30, don't go another decade and have to sort it out then, which will be even more difficult with 2 decades behind you.

You'll find loads of support here on SR!! Great to have you onboard!!
Old 01-01-2016, 12:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Massive thanks to you all, ill be sober now till next week, thats when the cravings will start but i will not be beaten anymore.
Old 01-01-2016, 12:38 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome, Kev. To repeat what others have said, the anxiety will improve. Being 21 means nothing to your AV, young or old, daily drinker or weekend. You coming here to SR is a great start. I'm also glad to read that you have looked up local AA, and are going to see your doctor.

Congrats on making this very difficult decision, and starting on this path. Read and post often. It helps so much.

V
Old 01-01-2016, 12:38 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Kev,

Do you have a firm plan in place for Friday when the cravings start again? And, what about for the rest of the weekend? It would be a good idea to make plans that don't involve alcohol and things that will keep you occupied and enjoying your weekend.
Old 01-01-2016, 12:40 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kevf11 View Post
Massive thanks to you all, ill be sober now till next week, thats when the cravings will start but i will not be beaten anymore.
Please check in everyday. And especially on Friday. We will be here. ((Kev))
Old 01-01-2016, 12:41 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
Welcome Kev,

Do you have a firm plan in place for Friday when the cravings start again? And, what about for the rest of the weekend? It would be a good idea to make plans that don't involve alcohol and things that will keep you occupied and enjoying your weekend.
i have not and im going to have a look at one off the threads about making a good plan. However the cravings start at work and before im even home i usuley have a bottle in hand. But a massive thanks for the advice this is what i really need.

Would just like to say a big thanks guys really means alot to be taken seriously by people that understand.
Old 01-01-2016, 12:42 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

welcome to SR. this is a great place to be. It was the fundamental basis in me getting sober and staying sober.

it's great you've realized so young and can do something about it. it will only get worse otherwise.
Old 01-01-2016, 01:07 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Vona71 View Post
Please check in everyday. And especially on Friday. We will be here. ((Kev))
i will do after work, im going to stay as active as possible because i feel this is helping me and positive.
Old 01-01-2016, 01:53 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Sounds a lot like me a few years ago... but am much older than 21. Making the decision to stop drinking and my destructive behaviors was the best thing I ever did for myself. Good luck, stay connected here, look into joining the January 2016 Class in the newcomer's daily support section, check in the online meetings on Tues and Fri.... lots of help here!
Old 01-01-2016, 01:58 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Welcome Kevf!
What a gift you are giving yourself by stopping now. You have your entire life ahead of you that you can experience sober! Stick around and make sure you jump on Fridays when the cravings hit.
Old 01-01-2016, 02:02 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Great decision Kev, taking control of your life at this age will be a very positive move. Alcoholism is a progressive disease and things will only get worse the longer you continue.
I am 30 and my behaviour as very similar to what you described at your age, I continued to drink and it took me to hospitals, prison, homelessness and eventually I was ruined by 28.
Doesn't have to be like this for you my friend, a great life awaits you
with you all the way!
Old 01-01-2016, 02:03 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hi Kev, u sound like me but im 34. I drank like u from the age of 18-34. I had many episodes where i didnt drink for a few weeks at a time (or months when pregnant) but i always came back to it.
Its escalated in the last couple of yrs & i gave up booze mid Oct.
Yes u r young but u know in ur heart u have an issue & i am very confident that ur drinking will just get worse. Make some positive steps now b4 it takes over completely
Old 01-01-2016, 02:10 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

massive thanks to you all!
Old 01-01-2016, 02:11 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Cool

Originally Posted by DrakeCKC View Post
Sounds a lot like me a few years ago... but am much older than 21. Making the decision to stop drinking and my destructive behaviors was the best thing I ever did for myself. Good luck, stay connected here, look into joining the January 2016 Class in the newcomer's daily support section, check in the online meetings on Tues and Fri.... lots of help here!
going to check this out just now
Old 01-01-2016, 03:51 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Administrator

i what your thinking 21 years old? thats just normal teen drinking.
I can pretty much guarantee noone here is thinking that Kev...a lot of us have been there, and lived it.

I'm really glad you found us. This place is a lot of help

D