Notices

Sober NYE

Old 01-01-2016, 02:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sober NYE

My first sober NYE in about 6 years. Was doing really well and had some tea and read a book and was in bed asleep by 10. Woke up at midnight to fireworks and neighbors partying. To be honest I felt a little sad I wasn't out enjoying the new year but at the same time I felt more happy and proud of myself that I stayed in.
Also had about 15 very hurtful messages from my ex boyfriend which just made the night (well technically the new year) worse. Not how I wanted to start the new year. I blocked his number and anyway of him ton contact me so I won't see anything if he messages me again. Now I've been up 3 hours unable to fall back asleep feeling low. I know I shouldn't but I can't seem to shake the feeling and my mind won't turn off.
Mainly just lonely and don't have many friends to talk to.
Old 01-01-2016, 03:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sounds like a tough start to the year Leasha, but good job getting through the night sober
This is a good place to touch base with other people in recovery and get support and advice.
Glad you're hear
Keep your head up.
Old 01-01-2016, 06:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Were here x
Old 01-01-2016, 07:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

We are your friends even though we may never meet Leasha and I too am sorry the X wrote hurtful things, it's hard enough being alone and having been there I would not wish it on anyone.

I suspect there may be some events going on where you live today, for me I am going for a hike (snowshoeing) with my dog after I clean up supper dishes.

Do some things you love to do, maybe watch a funny movie, my last relapse was in November and I had a fall, the surgeon was amazing and we had this weird bond, he would spend over an hour at a time talking to me and it was as if he knew what I was going through.

He is also a funny guy, he told me Andrew laughter is the best medicine for you right now, I am going to write a prescription for a movie from my home country and I want you to watch it, I searched google and found it for free, PM me and I will send the link, but consider the movie "The Man Who Sued God", I never laughed so hard in my life, I was in tears at many points.

As for me, I am alone for the rest of the day, well I have my dog but we will be outside mainly as that is when I am at peace with myself and when feeling down, nature somehow takes that all away, all I focus on is sights and sounds and yes my dog chasing a crow

Happy New Years
Andrew
Old 01-01-2016, 08:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ALinNS View Post
We are your friends even though we may never meet Leasha and I too am sorry the X wrote hurtful things, it's hard enough being alone and having been there I would not wish it on anyone.

I suspect there may be some events going on where you live today, for me I am going for a hike (snowshoeing) with my dog after I clean up supper dishes.

Do some things you love to do, maybe watch a funny movie, my last relapse was in November and I had a fall, the surgeon was amazing and we had this weird bond, he would spend over an hour at a time talking to me and it was as if he knew what I was going through.

He is also a funny guy, he told me Andrew laughter is the best medicine for you right now, I am going to write a prescription for a movie from my home country and I want you to watch it, I searched google and found it for free, PM me and I will send the link, but consider the movie "The Man Who Sued God", I never laughed so hard in my life, I was in tears at many points.

As for me, I am alone for the rest of the day, well I have my dog but we will be outside mainly as that is when I am at peace with myself and when feeling down, nature somehow takes that all away, all I focus on is sights and sounds and yes my dog chasing a crow

Happy New Years
Andrew
Thanks Going out in nature is a good idea. I love running and hiking. It's a beautiful day up here; cold crisp and clear so I'll probably take my dog for a walk out around the lake.
Old 01-01-2016, 08:22 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You've got lots of friends here! Can you block the ex bf? Reading those emails will only keep you stuck. The best revenge is being healthy and happy. Don't feed into his negativity.
Old 01-01-2016, 09:03 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
You can have reasons, or you can have results, but you can't have both.

One of my Court-mandated education courses is actually very good. Surprise, surprise!

I learned last week that what you're going through right now is "the work of recovery."

The instructor took us through a great exercise that illustrated that we are giving up the positive things about drinking (and there are some or we wouldn't do it), plunging directly into the challenges about sobriety (feeling isolated, nothing to do, cravings, etc.) and then we will gradually emerge into the positive things about sobriety (wellbeing, better relationships, more time and money, etc.).

That's the work. And you're doing it!
Old 01-01-2016, 09:10 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Great job on your Sober New Years Leasha!!

Next year will be different, I assure you, with a further year of Sobriety behind you, you'll be in a better place hopefully!!
Old 01-02-2016, 09:47 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jecrois2016 View Post
You've got lots of friends here! Can you block the ex bf? Reading those emails will only keep you stuck. The best revenge is being healthy and happy. Don't feed into his negativity.
Blocked for good now.
He has also had a problem with alcohol since he was very young and it was one of the reasons I had to break up with him. Since we broke up he told me he was going to AA and trying to get sober so I tried to also offer support which is why I didn't block his number earlier.... But I now know that I can not help him and need to help myself first. It's hard for me to block someone out of my life that I genuinely cared for and still care for as my personality is an ISFJ (the nurturer/protector).
Erasing all old messages/photos and not going to let it get to me. I've been doing so well getting back to be healthy and I don't need to be around people who bring me down.
Old 01-02-2016, 03:30 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back leasha

D
Old 01-02-2016, 03:48 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
You can have reasons, or you can have results, but you can't have both.

You're doing the right thing. Remember, if the cabin in an airplane loses air pressure, put your own mask on first before attempting to help others.