"Awareness Series" mindfulness talks

Old 12-31-2015, 03:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

"Awareness Series" mindfulness talks

The Awareness Series - Insight Events USA

Wanted to put this info out there for any who may be interested in mindfulness as a way to help them stay in the moment and deal with life in a more conscious manner. The series is free, and in addition to being able to stream the talks live, apparently they will be recorded and available for listening at your convenience also.

I've not signed up for things like this before b/c I've never been willing to sit in front of my computer and listen, and I've never had any means to listen other than sitting in front of my computer. Now I have my little portable Bluetooth box and I can listen anywhere in my house! It has been well worth the price in terms of letting me listen and learn while doing other things. I tend to be more than a little behind the curve when it comes to tech stuff, so I'm glad I didn't totally get left in the dust w/this item.
Old 01-01-2016, 02:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm glad you brought this up.
I recently attended a course on mindfulness meditation & it was great.
Not only did I learn to meditate but the group discussion was great.
Really interesting to hear other peoples views on life or how they feel about things or themselves.
Meditation helps us to cope also.
I must admit I relate "staying in the moment" as "one day at a time".
I think co-dependents & recovering alcoholics could benefit from mindfulness.
Oh and anybody else who wishes to give it a try
Old 01-01-2016, 03:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I must admit I relate "staying in the moment" as "one day at a time".
Rosie, I think they're pretty darn close too, just a different way of saying it...
Old 01-01-2016, 03:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

thanks for this! meditation has always eluded me......no time like the present to give it another try!
Old 01-02-2016, 02:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

This looks great, a different twist from the meditation series. I'm registered, thanks!!
Old 01-02-2016, 02:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

FS, I have to confess to feeling a bit smug yesterday b/c I actually found this and posted it before YOU did--you are always the one who finds this sort of thing!

Glad you think it looks interesting. I signed up too.
Old 01-02-2016, 03:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

That is flipping hilarious HP, but I know what you mean! I used to think I'd never have anything of original value to share & when I did I'd get so excited at making a contribution in that way. I love when anyone shares tools like this - there aren't enough hours in the day for any of us to find all of the great stuff out there to help us walk stronger recoveries.

I think, in the last few weeks, you've experienced such a surge of empowerment & independence, WAY more even than when you first separated/divorced...... that every time I read one of your posts, I swear I hear Katy Perry's ROAR playing ever so softly in the background, like your personal anthem-of-the-moment.

You are SUCH an inspiration, I can't WAIT to see what comes your way in life next!!!
Old 01-02-2016, 03:31 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I can't thank you enough, FireSprite, for all you've done, for me and all of SR, here in the main forum as well as behind the scenes. My gratitude knows no bounds.

The owls outside talk every night. I'm slowly beginning to understand them. They're teaching me how to see in the dark, like they do, and how to know what is real and what is true.

I'm starting to roll, verrrry slow but moving...