Notices

My first post

Old 12-30-2015, 05:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My first post

So I have been sober since Saturday afternoon. Heavy hitter for 35 years. Went to rehab a year and a half ago because it was needed. I was out of control. Long story short, after 60 days, I was back drinking day 61 and haven't stopped. Even worse than prior.

Saturday afternoon a revelation came to me. I want to stop. It's not that it's needed. I finally want to.

as usual, all the bar folks are calling. Looking for me. Leaving messages. Texting. Side note...my wife has been very sick. They aren't calling looking to belly up to the bar. They, I believe are genuinely concerned. For her. What would you do? I'm confused. Thx
Old 12-30-2015, 05:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well if it were me having been there, if someone calls out of concern I talk, if a person from my past called to join them at the bar and if you are serious that you have had enough, tell them you no longer drink, it's tough to do at first but the calls will stop and you wouldn't believe how free that feels in itself.
Old 12-30-2015, 05:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Having a conversation with them over their concern for her, that's one thing. But just wanting you to drink with them is another thing altogether.

I hope the support here can help you get sober for good. It takes some effort, and changes, but is so worth it.
Old 12-30-2015, 06:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Invite them over for coffee and a chat!
Old 12-31-2015, 01:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Postroad!!

No harm in having a chat about your wife, though when it comes to going drinking , as it's a new Sober lifestyle that you're trying to create, I'd give it a miss!!
Old 12-31-2015, 01:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome Postroad
Sometimes when those closest to us become ill, it can act as a wake up call to us....perhaps this could be happening in your case re your sobriety? ( well done BTW)

Perhaps you could use this time not only to "nurse" your wife but also to " nurse" your own return to sobriety?

Good luck, you're in the right place!
Take care
TCx
Old 12-31-2015, 03:51 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome PostRoad