Notices

AV chatter

Old 12-30-2015, 03:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

AV chatter

I'm sitting here at home trying to quite my AV which is telling me to go ahead to the store to get some vodka for tonight. The rational......do it tonight and start over tomorrow for the new year. I have a few weeks under my belt up to today. So here I sit eating all kinds of junk food and I logged on to start reading to divert the thoughts. I've already put on my PJs and trying to settle in for the evening.

The sole reason for my AV awakening is that I'm currently out of work and the bills are piling up. I received text, voice and emails from creditors today and I just don't have the money. My sister has already paid my car note and lent me money. I just don't want to ask for more especially right after the holidays. I'm trying to weather this storm. I'm also becoming neurotic about searching for a job. I ready for the holidays to be over so that the job market can move on.

So of course the AV is saying just go ahead and have a drink to relax and forget about the bills and lack of money for the evening. I'm determined not to listen.

I'm just writing this out as another diversion. Thanks for listening.

Old 12-30-2015, 03:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Don't give in to that voice and you will be so relieved waking up to the new year sober and clear headed
Old 12-30-2015, 04:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Dang AV..>I don't hear it yet , but give me a month or 2 and it will be screaming at me...The wirst part, I am only 6 days sober (again) , so I know it's coming...And the dang duct tape won't keep the AV shut... :\ Hang in there.....2016 is bringing better stuff...
Old 12-30-2015, 04:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Stay strong and sober. I've never woken up sober and thought, I wish I'd drank last night...
Old 12-30-2015, 04:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I ate all the nuts in the house, now working on the chips. It's ok and I didn't stop at liquor store on way home either. It was hard!! ******* HARD. Stay strong, you are not alone! It will be so nice to wake up clear headed and not irritable tomorrow

Last edited by Dee74; 12-30-2015 at 04:43 PM.
Old 12-30-2015, 04:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

My AV has been bugging me lately too, and I will be 4 weeks sober this Saturday. I'm so determined to stick with it, but it's hard, especially with the holidays.

Stay strong, bring in the new year sober, you won't be sorry.
Old 12-30-2015, 04:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

The sole reason for my AV awakening is that I'm currently out of work and the bills are piling up.
Buying vodka will only make that worse

I've found on the whole that creditors can be quite reasonsable.

Why not contact them as soon as you can to tell them you're having trouble paying the bill and work out a payment plan
Old 12-30-2015, 05:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone your comments and support mean so much to me. I know I'll look back tomorrow morning and I'll be grateful that I did not give in!

Old 12-30-2015, 05:08 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Now of all times is the time to keep a clear head so you can logically get through and do what you know needs to be done. I know in my case every time I listened to the AV it has always hurt me and people around me, tonight take control and say no, go for a walk, call a friend, do what you need to do. Remember your brain controls what that hand does not the AV, I pray that you keep it at bay as hard as it is and trust me I have been where you are and drinking in my case always and I mean always made it worse. Stay strong bud, we are pulling for ya.
Old 12-30-2015, 06:46 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

It's a journey not a destination. You have no need to backtrack and walk the same path again. Continue and see what is on up head.
Old 12-31-2015, 01:04 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Keep pushing through Strongtoolong!! I didn't find alcohol very useful for fixing much, the problems were still there in the morning, with the added extra special bonus prize of a hangover!!

Hang in there!!
Old 12-31-2015, 04:16 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Do your best

Originally Posted by least View Post
Stay strong and sober. I've never woken up sober and thought, I wish I'd drank last night...
I love this phrase