Notices

Meetings?

Old 12-30-2015, 03:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Meetings?

I'm a really busy person when I'm working as I work nights start at 5 home by 630 am...sleep from 7 till 3 and there no meetings in my area in that time frame. I get one week off and work 2 weeks...so is going to a meeting when I can enough? I know I'll stay sober for the 2 weeks working but when I'm off is a different story. Also that's kinda when I start getting thoughts in my head is after a long work stretch. I say to myself just one will be fine. Ugh...maybe I'll just have to use this site as much as I can for 2 weeks untill I get to my days off. I dunno sorry people I'm just confused and trying to think of a plan for myself
Old 12-30-2015, 03:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

some meetings are better than none meetings if you're trying to embrace sobriety.

Old 12-30-2015, 03:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Josh,

I assume your question is about AA? It's a very individual thing. Some people don't need any and some need several. There really is no certain number that is "enough". In early sobriety they are a great safety net. Ultimately working the steps is what keeps us sober.

My recommendation would be to make it a priority to get to the meetings you can. Make connections and get a sponsor so you have people to connect with when you need help and can't get to meetings. Checking in here is great also. Just use whatever resources you can until you get your legs under you.

Hang in there. It's worth it.
Old 12-30-2015, 03:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
You can have reasons, or you can have results, but you can't have both.

Attending AA meetings during my "free" time was helpful because normally that same time would be used for drinking.
Old 12-30-2015, 04:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

One thing that worked for me ...
Do a Web Search for Recovery Speaker Messages. There are a lot of websites with very good talks ... almost all FREE. Most you can download and listen to on your own timing.

And of course an excellent source of Sobriety Tools is right here on Sober Recovery!

Also, you can find online meetings, and websites that will walk you thru the 12 Steps.

RDBplus3 ... Happy, Joyous and FREE ... and I KNOW U can B 2

PS - Working the Steps always brings about an inner transformation