Notices

Tramadol withdrawal and pregancy

Old 12-30-2015, 11:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Tramadol withdrawal and pregancy

I'm 6 weeks pregnat fighting with tramadol withdraw. I feel for my baby, that she might be born with some kind of mental problem. I was taking like 8 or more of them plus anxiety please and muscle relaxers. I feel awful. This is my first day staring without it. May God help me.
Old 12-30-2015, 11:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

First off, congratulations on your pregnancy! Now, have you been honest with your OB? If you tell them they can help you, and be upfront about risks. With some drugs it's better to taper off during pregnancy, rather than cold turkey. I'm not even pretending to know the case with what you were taking, but your OB will know and can help. Best of luck!
Old 12-30-2015, 12:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome Pobrenina
Old 12-30-2015, 12:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Please, please talk to your dr. This is about your unborn child and you have no idea whether you are doing the right thing by stopping abruptly or not. You need to get medical advice in order to help protect your child.
Old 12-30-2015, 02:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Pobrenina!!
Old 12-30-2015, 03:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

First off, congrats on your pregnancy. I have no clue about tramadol myself.

However, Im concerned about it too. Because my dog has just went thru acl surgery, and has been on it for a few months. It is highly addictive, from what Ive read.

All I know is thats its a kind of opiate pain reliever. Im sure there is a taper off schedule for that though. Please consult your doctor on this. Especially with carrying your baby.

Im currently tapering my girl off, from two 50 mg tabs a day, to just one. Actually, she hated taking them, acted really strange while on them.

You can do this, so please have a consult with your doc. Your precious sweet baby deserves it. So do you.

Blessings.
Old 12-30-2015, 08:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yes, my OB knows my problem. She just told me to stop it right away. Easier said then done. I hate myself for ever coming to this point of addiction. But thank God, I haven't felt so bad after with the withdrawals.I hope it's even better tomorrow, I'm just afraid it's gonna get worse. I'm keeping busy, drinking lots of water, prenatal vitamins and I'm eating well too. I though I wasn't gonna be able to do any of that. God bless my mother she's helping me with my one year old a bit.
Old 12-30-2015, 08:07 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone for your support, this is helping a lot too. It's feels good someone out there is interested in my situating. I've been praying too, my biggest concern is my unborn baby. I'll know in 4 weeks if there is any Problems like Down syndrome, but four weeks seem soooo long 😭
Old 12-30-2015, 08:08 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Situation*
Old 12-30-2015, 08:15 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Welcome to SR, Pobrenina.

I'm so glad you consulted your OB and you are taking care of yourself and your baby. Stay close, there is wonderful support here!
Old 12-30-2015, 08:53 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Yes there is. I'll let you guys know how the night went, I'm kind f sacred right now. Leg pain and anxiety is my biggest concern. I'm drink a tea, gonna apply some cream called voltaren gel, and take some Tylenol and try my best to rest. Thank you again, good night.
Old 12-31-2015, 05:11 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm glad your OB knows and is giving you advice. I wish you the best. I hope last night went okay for you.
Old 01-01-2016, 01:28 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I had a horrible night. Leg pain and anxiety. Couldn't take it anymore so I took just half of a T3. It help me get some sleep, not much but some. Today I took a hold T3 I have no leg pain just can't sleep at all. I wonder why,? I'm so tired from yesterday night, why can't I sleep? I hope the pain doesn't come, or slowly disappears that why I can just take regular Tylenol.
Old 01-01-2016, 06:46 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Do your best

When are you seeing a Dr x
Old 01-01-2016, 08:09 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Didn't get much sleep yet, maybe like 2 hours.
Old 01-01-2016, 08:11 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
When are you seeing a Dr x
I won't be seeing my OB til the end of January.
Old 01-01-2016, 08:44 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Can you call OB office to move up appointment? That seems the best course of action now. Hope the Voltaren gel helps.